Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our little family...

My big kids are off to school leaving me with the funniest characters to contend with during the day.


Marleigh finds it comical to tease Jack about Oreo, who is situated atop the dresser in Makenna's room. I read this morning that poodles were bread for hunting so maybe his intincts are to nibble on our sweet Oreo....but we won't have it! Sweet Oreo makes us all laugh.....she squeals at me when I just walk into the room....she knows who brings her the best treats! When she hears me talk, the squeal gets louder. I always go over and pick her up! She nestles her nose into my neck while I pat her deliciously rotund bottom....it really is her best feature!!!


I asked Marleigh what this photo was.....she said "My guinea pig's tail"....maybe not so funny here but if you heard her cute little voice, you'd smile too! Is this the cutest thing?? I think why I giggle so much is all it needs is a couple of eyeballs and it would look just like the other end! I love that she has a personality too - she sat there on the bed while I let the dog give her a good sniff - all the time looking at me like she'd take flight any moment. Good ole Oreo....she's the best!
Finally remembered to take a photo of Marleigh after she's fallen asleep. She insits that she needs a sleeping mask since she saw me being silly wearing one that came with my new PJ's. We put her to bed with the mask on and sometimes she still has it on when we retire but often we come up to find it hanging on the bed beside her. She insists on sleeping with all this stuff in her bed....the baby, its bottle and her favorite blanket. She sleeps on the smaller pillow giving her baby the big one. This little girl makes me smile......how can I even think of sending her off next year!!
Oh....Jack.....that's how I'll deal with missing Marleigh. He's willing to take his spot as the baby in the family.
Enjoy!
~kel~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly! I hadn't checked in for a few days, so hadn't seen the news about your niece. I'm praying for Katie and hoping she is doing better with each day!

Congrats on the puppy - how sweet! We have a big ol' outside golden retriever. But my mom got a shih tzu for Christmas and my kids are LOVING him. Enjoy! Adorable pic of you snuggling him and could the pics of Oreo be any cuter??

Take care and may 2009 bring you great joy my friend!

Anonymous said...

Marleigh is SOOOOO adorable. I love her sleeping arrangements!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly!
Amazing pictures (as usual!!)
Now if I could just persuade the dorms to let me get a puppy!

Hope you and your family had a great holiday! Hope to see you soon!

-Melissa Rice-

Sitemeter