Thursday, January 15, 2009

Facebook....

Are you there yet?? I only just got myself an account a week or so ago and have already found some missing friends! Lots of high school pals and some local friends that I just don't get to see often enough. You gotta join...and add me!!


Today is Meemie day...Marleigh goes off to play with Kaylee and I get to do the things I can't when she's home. I am sifting through my tax papers and will work on that today...but I think I really want to find my way to the nail salon for a little pampering first. I haven't had a manicure or a pedicure and Jean was kind enough to give me both for Christmas....I NEED them today...this winter weather is really getting the better of me.



This morning its tough to get going. Marleigh presented in my big bed at about 5:00 AM. I was starting to wake anyway but when she comes in, we make it a point to try to settle her back in so she's not in the habit of being disruptive. I am completely aware of how great this is...that my sweet little thing still cuddles with me...and I REFUSE to turn her away knowing how short this time is. My heart aches when I think of them all growing up and away from me. Seeing that Branden does come to sit with me on occassion makes me feel better about it but there's just something about being able to pick up your little one, feeling their tiny bottoms in your hands and their sinny little arms wrapped around your neck....its a limited time only...and those who don't realize how precious it is and soak up every second are crazy! Why is it that on days like this when I know I'm going to be apart from my baby I start mourning the loss of her company long before she's even gone? Is it an addiction I have? Maybe its not a manicure I need...maybe its therapy?


In a few short hours, my gal pals are flying off to Key West for a short visit with warmer weather....I see on FB that an old friend from school is taking his family to Carribean for ten days.....I'm jealous!!! The kids are bugging me for another trip to Disney but I think a week in the tropics next winter might be kinda nice....especially January or February....hmmmm something to ponder.



Well...words only in this post....the pup is running around the house like a crazy dog (still think he's the best dog ever now that he's settled in) and Marleigh is calling me from the tub so I must close.
Enjoy!
~kel~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

off to add you as my Facebook friend!

xoxo, m

Sitemeter