Sunday, January 11, 2009

I am mother to the best big brother.....

Yesterday I spoke of how helpful Branden is with helping me get Kenna ready for hockey, etc. He's simply the best first born a mom could ask for. Lately he's been "warmer" to me, if that's even possible and finds the time to come sit with me for a bit....cozied up like the days when he was younger. It seemed like we went through this lull in time when he was growing through the awkward stages wondering what was appropriate for his age. I made a conscious effort not to push him but to let him know that he's always welcome in my arms...even if its just to sit a while. He got the message and just a bit ago came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me as I sat here at the pc uploading photos for today's blog entry....just wanted to give me a hug. I love it...

When we returned from hockey yesterday, Jean and Cameron were still out of town for two of Cam's games. Makenna was anxiously waiting to use her new Easy Bake Oven that Lisa gave her for Christmas...and I think Bran was a bit curious to see how it would work using one 100 watt lightbulb! He offered to oversee the baking and promised to follow the book while I worked on editing some photos. I put Marleigh for a nap and Bran and Kenna worked on making some delicious, undercooked treats! They were so cute....I let them eat everything they made. And to cap it all off....when they were done, they cleaned the mess without me even having to ask!! Love that boy!! Lucky me!

I took a few more photos of Jack. I don't think I mentioned that I took the beast to the vet for his first appointment Friday....brought all the kids with me so the vet could meet us all and learn a bit about what Jack is subjected to daily. Jacky weighed a whoppin' 12 pounds (we all knew he was NOT 5 but since I didn't have a scale I had to wait to find out)...and he's about 6 months old, not 4 like the previous owner said. Its all good - he's a good boy! The vet asked me (like lots of folks do) "are they all yours?" I answered yes, explaining that they were so excited for a dog and I want them to be part of everything, including his healthcare visits. When the doc finished his exam, he looked at me with a warm smile and told me that the dog was luckier than the kids....he was blessed to have so many to play with and love.

The kids are so great about tuckering him out......I snapped this one of him...caught his ear flopping - it doesn't stick out like that :)
He's as cuddly as he looks!! He loves to be held like a baby...and relaxes immediately when in our arms.
Oh.....Katie's home now!!!! Jean just talked with her on the phone and she's feeling better!! She will be out of school for a while but at least she's home in her own bed...gosh, that must have felt so great!! Thanks so much everyone for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers!
Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter