Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to business...A MODEL CALL!

Thank you so much Leeann, Amy and Debb for your comments and support for my niece! I was shocked to see I had readers from far away that cared enough to send a prayer up for Katie....my heartfelt thanks to you! I will keep you posted on her progress!


Yesterday, January 4, marked the 20th anniversary of my dad's death. I cannot believe he's been gone twenty years! He was only 42! Now that I'm almost there in age myself, I comprehend all the times I heard "he was only 42" when listening to the adults talk at his funeral. We were all robbed of some fantastic times with his passing so young. I know he would have enjoyed my choice in husband....and our children. Jean did meet him a few times but we were in that selfish late-teen phase of our lives and hanging with parents was not something we did by choice. We were not dating then...only friends so there weren't a lot of opportunities for them to chat at length.

I'd like to work on a project through the winter months....sooo here goes the MODEL CALL!
To honor my relationship with my dad, I'd like to photograph other fathers and daughters for a coffee table book. I am looking for all ages and relationships. I'd like some shot on location and some shot in my studio. If you are or know of a father/daughter with an amazing relationship or story, please contact me! The sessions are free and I'd give a 5x7 print to each father and daughter. This is a special event with limited sessions throughout January and February so call or email me as soon as possible!

HOME:
Marleigh had a strong desire to finger paint. She saw it on one of her PBS programs and has been pleading with me for a week or so to get some paints. We have always used brushes and water-colors so I didn't have them on hand. This weekend, I decided to pick up a few tubes and let her experiment that mushy, gushy feeling she was so desirous of...she's three....its time! The mess was extensive....but the face was priceless!! Its the little things.......

Yesterday, the girls took Jack for a stroll around the yard. I was told he's 5 pounds but seriously...there's no way! I don't know his weight but I'm calling the vet today for his first appointment and will update when I get that information. He was here temporarily this weekend while we watched his behavior for any more signs of nipping. I was ready to send him back to his owner after that incident with Jean but his behavior this weekend was excellent and I'm confident his reaction to Jean was out of fear. He's a keeper!!!! See how cool he looks in his sweater!

I had to post this photo.....lots of people are wondering about Cameron's relationship with Jack. Well, I think that in Cam's eyes, Jack can do NO wrong and he would be happy having him even if he had to pet him with a stick through the metal of a chain-link fence just to have a dog to call his own. He won't have to do that........(Cam continues to wear an eye patch to correct a weak left eye)

Enjoy!

~kel~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly,
I must tell you that Shannon lost his day 3 months after we were married in 1987. He's been gone 21 years and he was only 42 as well. I was just getting to know him when he died. And, I truly miss him as I know Shannon does too.

I would like to see if Shannon would come in for your session, but I will have to get back to you.

Lynne

Sitemeter