Friday, January 16, 2009

A hero.

I'm not sure how many know the history of my dad's death....but he was killed in a small plane crash (he was the pilot and it was local to home). So, now you will understand why my emotions get wrapped up in the miracle on the Hudson. And even though you've seen so much about it already, I had to share my feelings. My heart is overjoyed for this man and his family......he's truly a hero and the happy ending makes me so filled with joy for the survivors and their families....what a blessing.
This is an amazing photograph.......

Today I had my first official father/daughter shoot for my book. I will share a few tomorrow......or should I keep them a mystery until the book is done and I can show them off together.....hhhhmmmm would anyone like to comment their opinion on this to me? I'm not one for teasing......usually! :)

Thanks to all my blog pals who added me to their friends list on FB!!! Looking forward to conversing with you all soon! Michelle, if you read this, could you send me a note on how to make my photos larger on blogger....I remember you gave instructions a while back but I cannot find the post in your history. Thanks girlfriend!
Happy Weekend to all the people!
~kel~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly,
I can truly understand. The miracle on the Hudson was tremendous. Shannon's Aunt was killed in a plane crash too in Limington or Limerick or Lyman. I can't remember, but it was about 20 years ago also.

Shannon is going away for a week tomorrow. Can you give me a couple of dates that you will have available to the Dad/Daughter photo shoot?

Thanks Kelly,

Lynne

Fran said...

Hugs to you in the memory of your Dad and I, too, applaud the pilot and his abilities on the Hudson!

If I may, I'd like to vote for sharing a photo here and there, they're always such a joy to see!

Many hugs, dear friend!
Fran

Anonymous said...

My dad died in 1998, I would have cherished an opportunity like this. I am voting for a sneak peak at some of the photos.

Sitemeter