Thursday, January 1, 2009

Puppy update.....

Well, I wish I could report this as a piece of cake but we have obstacles to overcome with the new pup. He doesn't like Jean. More than doesn't like....he bit him twice. Jean is only reaching to pick him up to hold him when he's bitten. As a mom my heart goes in two directions....can I trust him with my children and he's just a baby and needs guidance. Its harder than I ever thought it would be. I don't know what I will do. The woman I got him from has offered to take him back if it doesn't work out. We are going to try a few different things this weekend.


I'm afraid that even if Jean works this weekend at a relationship with him, that Jack will forget it come Monday evening when Jean's been gone all day at work. This is such a tough spot to be in.

The dog's relationship with the girls is excellent...not so perfect with the boys so you can imagine how Cameron feels when the dog doesn't come to him but does Makenna and Marleigh. I sure we need time....

Just wanted to update.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
~kel~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Kelly, I'm the volunteer who helped with doggie class tonight. Jack is an awesome boy and given time will make a great addition to your family. Three of my five dogs are rescues and I've had to work through more challenges then I ever thought existed in a dogs realm of being, but every one of them is 1000% worth it and so is Mr. Jack.

Sitemeter