Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Katie update, my dark house and a family portrait....

Katie had another operation Monday to insert larger tubes to help drain the junk in her little lungs. Her dad called to update and the emotion in his voice was touching. Last night we got an updated call that she was improving so much that she's moving from the ICU back to her room for recovery sometime today. Things are looking good and I'm so happy to update with positive news! So many thanks to those who continue to keep her in their thoughts and prayers. I know her family took comfort in knowing there were others out there sending support.

This morning another storm blessed Maine with its presence and I found myself searching for the alarm clock light in the dark of my bedroom...we were powerless again! The girls had crawled in earlier and we were cozy in the sleep number when it occurred to me that the pooch probably had a pretty full bladder and I should get the kids up and ready for school. Having no power is so boring....we should have crawled right back into that big ole bed! Branden and Jean left before 5 AM for an early hockey practice and had power when they were up milling about in their not-so-quiet way. When they returned, the power was still out and Jean noticed it was out for quite a distance so he wanted to get the generator running so that we could have heat, get the fridge running and possibly the TV (school is cancelled so with all four home from school today, boredome breeds quickly without distraction). Just as he got the house running on generator power, we noticed the neighbors had lights....
Before the power returned, I took out my camera...the bit of morning light we had was lovely....I captured it! (File info for my peeps: wb: auto, ss: 1/100, ap: f/4, +1.7 exp comp., ISO 4000 - Lovin this D700!)


Cameron asked me to take photos of the tricks he's doing with Jack. With school closed today and the ice rink covered in snow, I'm sure Jack will find himself exhausted at the end of this day. (shot with flash on - a bit blurry because it was DARK in the house so camera struggled with initial focus...which, I believe fell on the basket of JUNK in the background)

This weekend I did photos for an awesome local family. They won this sitting at a local auction and I always include a print with my auction packages...its the mom in me! I shoot studio at 400 ISO, f/10, 1/125 - alien bee 800 with extra large softbox left...I did use a second light on the right with an umbrella for this group but typically only use one light.

When I suggested a mother/daughter photo, the emotions got high for this mom. I waited for a few tears to pass.....I think its a beautiful portrait!

Thanks for all who have commented lately.....I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!!!!!

Also.....my father/daughter book idea is looking popular!! I've had a few dads contact me directly and I'm so excited to get them booked!!!! If you have emailed me and not heard back yet, bear with me.....today you should! If you don't, please contact me again, that means I didn't get your initial email! I'm so excited about this project!!

Enjoy!

~kel~

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Very nice! I have the D200 and I get a lot of noise at higher ISO's and it drives me nuts. I love that you post what you shoot at, I'm always looking for examples and tips!

Sitemeter