Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Prayer for Katie

I'd like to ask a huge favor of my blogging friends. Those of you that pray, could you please say a prayer for my niece Katie and her family. She's been in the hospital for a week now with pneumonia that's gone bad. I don't know all the details, only that she's got bacteria in her blood stream and her lungs are filled with fluid that they are having a tough time draining.

Cameron was hospitalized at the age of 5 with pneumonia and I will never forget the scare it gave us. Katie's situation is worse and I just can't imagine.
Her dad is Jean's brother, Mike. We've had third party phone calls to update us and Jean is just feeling a week is long enough to wait...concerned for his brother, he will go see him today. Katie is isolated and can't be seen....its her support system that we need to reinforce.....worrying is exhausting.

Thank you!

~kel~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kelly,
I've been reading your blog for months. I will definitely keep Katie in my prayers... please keep your blog readers posted on her recovery!
Leeann
Knoxville, TN

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, I read your blog daily and I too, will be praying for your niece, Katie! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to say a prayer for your family.

Amy Demers

Anonymous said...

I also have been reading your blog for a while after finding it on Restuvus. I will certainly be thinking of your family and Katie.

Sitemeter