Monday, July 21, 2008

A first for Marleigh....

I dragged my way through yesterday feeling a bit under the weather the first part of the day. The kids were sick the first part of the weekend with high fevers and Branden actually got sick to his stomach Saturday. The weather was so icky with the humidity and high temps we left them lounging in the camper. I was sure I was getting what they had but I started feeling better in the early afternoon. Jean took the older kids who were all feeling normal again to his company picnic and I stayed home and kept Marleigh so he wouldn't have to worry about chasing her around. Since it was just Marleigh and me at home, I decided to make a trek to Walmart for a few last minute gifts for Cameron's birthday (tomorrow).

While we were there, we walked past the bike section and Marleigh asked if she could get a bike. We talked about it last week when we were all going out for a ride and noticed how she's getting a bit too big to ride on the back of Jean's bike in the baby chair. She does really well at Meem's house riding a bike there so we think its time for her to have her own. I noticed there was only one pink bike left that might be just about her size but it was hanging from the rack. I asked the gentleman to get it down for me and Marleigh was nearly out of the cart before he got it to the floor. She was delighted it fit just right!

I put the bike in the cart and finished my shopping. Side note: boys, age 9 are really hard to buy for! The entire time, she played with the goodies on the bike....singing her made-up song about how she has a pink bike with princesses on it! I have to admit that as off-key as my girls sing, it is truly beautiful to me! It means they are happy....a deep down happy! I dreamed of having a girl and got blessed with two! They are as girly as girly can be singing, playing with dolls and dressing in dresses every day.


When we got to the truck to unload our purchases, I buckled Marleigh in first and unloaded the groceries into the back. I got into the truck and she asked me where the bike was. I was sorta wishing I'd waited for her birthday in August but it was the last bike and another month and I'm sure it wouldn't have been there. She chatted and sang all the way home about her new bike. My heart was so happy for her. When we got home, I left her in the truck and unloaded all the goods to the house so I could take her out for a "spin" on her bike. When I let her out of her seat, she asked me where it was and pressed her little face against the glass in the back of the truck and said "There it is! There's my bike Mumma!" Oh......so cute....her first bike!!!


I took it down from the truck and let her have a good close look at it. She played with the "purse" on the front and reported to me it had a bottle on it. I told her to get a helmet and I'd show her how to ride it. She skipped away telling me she'd find Makenna's pink princess helmet to match her bike. I wish I could always make them that happy!



I asked her to stop for just a second and show me her happy smile....this is what she gave me!

Im so happy she's happy (and out playing with it now with Makenna). She feels like a big girl and I truly can't believe she will be three next month!
VINTAGE DIVA UPDATE:
I still have openings for what we are calling the "vintage diva" sittings on August 16 & 17. It is my goal to watch and learn from Jennifer so that I can offer more to my clients in the way of makeup, hair and some really creative lighting! If you know someone who wants a fun session like this, please have them call me! We want all ages, shapes and sizes!!!!
Happy Monday!
~kel~

1 comment:

Lisa Walsh said...

Oh how cute!!! I would've loved that bike when I was little!

Sitemeter