Monday, July 14, 2008

We have a Winner!!!!!

Congratulations Joann!!!! I'll order your winning print today!! Thank you everyone who participated in the process, both submitting prints and voting! I will have another contest in the future.....so stay tuned!

**************************

I'm home from camp now and last night I uploaded the photos from the fair on Saturday. It was fun....the kids enjoyed the shopping and the rides. Its a good thing I was preoccupied because those rides at the fair scare me so much I usually tell the kids no when they ask to ride. I offer up a special purchase if they agree not to ride. When we first got there, we saw several cages with rabbits so we walked over to check them out. Color me sheltered but I have never seen an angora rabbit before! I wanted to reach in that cage, pull him out and just hug him he looked so soft and cuddly!!! Makenna and Cameron - well....if your a regular reader, you probably know what I'm going to say.....they tried to find a way to bring him home!! The price on the cage was $50 and they were willing to work extra chores, give up some Disney money, whatever it took to bring that bunny home. They think that because we allowed the guinea pig, they can talk us into almost anything now! I didn't take this photo - found it on the net just so I could show what I was talking about!
Here is Lily's head shot! Is she adorable or what? Reegan spent six hours preparing her for the fair all on her own - clipping and cleaning her to impress the judge.
Her work paid off because they took first place. The judge asked many questions trying to stump her but she had all the answers with that winning smile and the judge had no choice but to award them in blue!
After the win, I asked Reegan how she felt about her pet........no words for this photo.......

On our way home to camp, I saw this and made Jean turn around so I could snap a shot of it. You can see the humidity hanging in the air.

Happy Monday!
~kel~

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Oh my god Kelly we almost bought one of those angora rabbits too!! They were too friggen cute!! I have never seen a rabbit like that before!

Sitemeter