Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our nature walk....

Cam had a great birthday. He started it feeling bit under the weather but recovered just fine and ended the day sometime after midnight!! My nephews spent the night and the four of them talk more than a bunch of women! I like to listen to them giggle together though and hope that I'm contributing to some great memories by letting them carry on.


I've been busy but I'm still carrying my camera with me as much as I can. I've been good about stopping when I see something that requires me to photograph it too! Most times I drive by and have to turn around, which typically I wouldn't do but I've started taking extra time to allow for such stops. Here's one....this is right down the street from my home. I've been driving by it for years saying Im going to stop for a photo but on my way home, the sun was setting and the hay just looked awesome all rolled and ready for winter storage.

Yesterday I took the kids on a nature stroll. We were looking for animals but didn't really see much so I stopped for "unusual" things. We walked a well groomed path and Marleigh loved the freedom of running ahead a bit and charging us a "toll" as we walked past her. Makenna taught Marleigh about taking a toll to pass as well as ducking as we drive under a bridges on the highway - something I taught them as a game I remembered from my childhood. My mom came up with some great games to pass the time on long road trips!




The kids are outside playing with Cam's new stuff and I have work to finish up.

I hope its a great hump day!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter