Tuesday, July 1, 2008

"I've have had enough"

Mommy Admissions:
Gosh, I can't believe those weren't Marleighs first words! I say that to my kids so much I wonder when I really will reach my limit with enough! Sometimes I think I need to video myself so I can see how foolish I sound and hopefully my subconscious guilt will help me to stop saying these things. I'd like to say its my mothers fault and that I sound just like her but I really don't remember if she did say that stuff.....I'm sure she did because she tells me she did and she's delighted I have no recollection of the specifics (a good thing for me to remember as I type this today).


Sometimes I get so crazy - usually around cleaning projects and I know its those four little people living in my house who make the messes! I have to yell sometimes...just to get my frustrations out but once focused, I think I actually enjoy a good cleaning project.



Yesterday the boys were just hanging around and looking like they needed a project. I really wanted to tackle cleaning their room, sorting their clothes and just giving it a good go-over. My idea of a good cleaning really means removing most everything from the room and then putting back only what we truly need. I LOVE to change the furniture around because it makes it more enjoyable to look at things from a different perspective. I was always changing the things in my room around when I was a teen and then the first years in my home, I did it a lot too! Since kids though....not so much. I thought if I mentioned changing the boy's room around to them, I might motivate them into cleaning with me......it worked!!!!!! We spent several hours yesterday rearranging, purging and laughing like crazy! It was memorable for sure! We separated their bunk beds and gave them separate beds for the first time ever. Their room looks more mature now and they love it so much that Cam went back to lay in his bed after his Toaster Strudel this morning. His bed was placed near the window and he was laying there looking out the bit of open space under his shade....telling me he loved that he could look out at the trees now....Do you remember that kind of feeling? He was so cute when we got the beds all moved and made yesterday, he crawled into his to "see what it feels like" sleeping in a diferent place in the room.....I sooo remember that!!!! Makenna has asked me to change hers around today too....UGH!! We aren't done decorating it yet - just moved their photos on the walls and that one in the center is so special to me - it is a photo of the Twin Towers that Branden made in Kindergarten! It was a project the teacher had them do in an effort to help them cope with what had happened. I had it framed thinking one day he might hang it in his office.
Here's a close-up. I think its pretty fantastic for a kindergartener!!!


I took a few photos of Bran and Kenna yesterday that I had to post here. More close-ups...I know a few who like this cropped look :) Bran is fresh from the pool with wet hair.


Well, the concert in the next room is such a distraction I have to close out now. The boys are playing their electric guitars and Makenna is blasting into a recorder she found while the boys were cleaning.....and when she doesn't have her lips wrapped around that thing, she's the lead singer...(something I don't believe she will ever be able to make a career out of ;-p KWIM).

Oh, one last thing - I only have four entrants for the contest - I hope people aren't being shy....this is open to all, even previous winners!

Enjoy your day!!!
~kel~

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Kelly , i love the close up photos of the kids!!! the are soooo stinkin cute!!
melissa

Kelly said...

Thanks Melissa!!! Im really liking that close-up style!!!

Kel

Sitemeter