Monday, June 30, 2008

Brotherly Love.

When I had Branden I was thrilled that all those who came after him would be given the gift of a big brother.....something I never had. You know, the big brother who watches over his siblings, takes his little sister by the hand for safe keeping and stands next to dad at the door when her first date comes calling. As Branden grew and we decided to add to our family, our first attempt was met with so much sadness as I miscarried in my 12th week of pregnancy. We knew we wanted more children so we tried again as soon as the doctor told me it was okay. Nine months later, I gave my boy a brother. Almost three years apart in age I was a little worried they may not be close in brotherly love because they might be too far apart in school, sports, friends etc. but it has been the best age span (3 yrs) in my family, all the kids are just about 3 yrs apart and my boys are best friends! They work together, play together and seem to find trouble together.


A brother is the one who will assist you in putting the bucket over your head in the pool in preparation for a for a cool experiment......


He'll be the one to push you under the water.....securing the bucket on your head while you try to breathe.....


And he'll give that bucket a tap-tap-tap......just so you can see how cool it sounds in there......


He'll take the spot on the end, right next to you during a sleepover.......


He'll give you a push into the pool....just because you needed one! Who could ask for anything more??


Actually, most days if I were to follow one of them around with my camera, I would have photographs of both of them because they are always together. I'm listening to them play a game of poker in the next room (they dont know how to play that well, they try). Cameron is losing I guess, he's starting to cry about something and I hear Branden say..."here, you can have this" and the crying stops and the game continues. He's really the best big brother a mom could ask for. Nope....he's not perfect by any stretch but he makes me proud.....he's the big brother I always dreamed of and I hope he continues to watch over his siblings.

So here we go, a three day work-week for some!!! I have plans to hang with my gal pals on Thursday and it looks as if the day will be sunny and warm so the pool will be our center focus...YEAH!!

THE CONTEST BEGINS!!!:
Im so excited!!!

You choose your favorite photograph. You can even enter a print that I have taken too...something you've seen here and you'd like a large print of it, just let me know (this way, even if I have not done your portraits, you can play for this freebie). There is no access to the photo sessions again (only previou blog posts) so you must either have the actual print or a good memory - you can just describe the photo to me, you dont need the actual number. You cannot enter for family members/friends, they must contact me directly.

As soon as I have my first ten, the contest will begin. I will decide at that point when the contest will end. I will put all ten photographs on my blog with a number on them. There will be a poll graph here (or you can email me your vote) and all readers will be asked to vote for their favorite photograph. Invite friends and family to come and vote too because the photograph with the most votes wins an 11x14!!

One vote per person, please.

I hope I have answered all the questions but if not, please email your questions to me at: ksrphoto(AT)roadrunner.com (replace (AT) with @ sign).

Good luck and good day!!!!!!

~kel~

5 comments:

Jamie VanBeekum said...

LOL, Kelly! Did the experiment work? :D Love it!

Kelly said...

Hey Jamie.....
Yes! He could breathe under the water inside the bucket!!! These guys are so funny!
Thanks for asking!!!! :)

matsmom said...

Kel, I prayed for a boy during my pregnancy for the very same reason - however, that's as far as I got! And I thank God for him every single day! SYLYB
Lise

Fran said...

Howdy, stranger!
I can tell you picking one of your snaps will be TOUGH. Got a few faves, though...I'm allowed to enter, right?
lol

Many hugs - always,
Fran

Kelly said...

Lise.....you have a gem of a boy, you should feel blessed!!

Fran....OF COURSE!!! I'll ship it to you if you win!! :)

Kel

Sitemeter