Monday, June 23, 2008

A boo-boo, A bride and A message from God!

I'm back!!! I don't intend to leave the blog hanging on the weekends but it just works out that way. I either forget my camera to take photos for the blog....or I forget the cord to upload them to the laptop - which I HATE to type on because its half the size of the one I use at home and I spend way more time hitting the backspace key to correct my errors than I do updating! Frustrates me.

I'm here now....and its actually 12:30 AM Monday!! Im updating early - would love to know who finds this post first :) An old friend of ours found my profile on Myspace and called here tonight so I'm wide awake from talking to him. Jean was sleeping so I blessed him with some good humour and a few laughs just to make him feel bad he hasn't stayed in touch with us! Nothing like reaching out to someone only to have them razz the daylights out of you because you didn't stay in touch. So, here I go....a little punchy because of the hour but anxious to share stories from the weekend and photos from a wedding!!

First things first - no photos to go with this story because I was too busy being a mom to think about being a photographer. Let me back up to Friday: Branden got invited to a pool party for his class. He never told me about it until Friday AM when his pal called asking if he was going.....because he didn't mention of it before the call from the friend told me how important the party was to him.....but he persisted in asking me if he could go. Another friend called to ask if he was going and he really put the pressure on me! I didn't want him to go because I was trying to pack up to get to camp, put Marleigh for a nap and get all my gear together for the wedding the next day. I just had too much on my plate already to be running him around for a party. In his crafty preteen way, he secured a ride with a friend to remove all my excuses from the table and I finally caved...like I always do....and let him go.

About an hour after he left, the mom in charge of the party called me.....

She sounded nervous and informed me that Bran (she called him Brenden but Im not holding that against her) had "knocked his front tooth out"....It took me a second to collect my thoughts and realized that Branden has his permanent front teeth now and that's really not a good thing if he knocked one out. I told her I would be there ASAP. On the way, I called Jean and told him to call the dentist...and also called my mom to see if she thought calling the dentist was the first right step....also, because I needed the security of my mom and someone to worry with me! Jean returned a call to me that the dentist wasnt in the office today but he left him a message ;-) (all the moms get the winky face)

At that point, I was with Branden and noticed he didn't knock the tooth out, he broke it off right at the gum line. I called my mom back again and asked where can I take him - ER isn't gonna help....dont have another dentist that might see us in an emergency...I just didnt know. She had the hospital directory with our dentists cell phone number and called it right away. We have the BEST dentist and he called me back within minutes. After explaining everything, he informed me that most of the dentists in our area were 2 hours away with him at a convention! GREAT....now what?? He told me to call an endodonist and see how far I could get with them but to call him back with updates no matter what.

I made the phone call to that endodontist, they would see him. I dropped the three kids (Cam and Kenna had been crying from worry after the original phone call from the nervous mom and Marleigh was groggy from being snatched from her cozy noontime nap) with Jean on our way to their office which was 40 minutes from home. I got him there and they determined emergency root canal was the only option....poor kid!! They glued the broken tooth back on after the root canal and then glued it to the teeth next to it. It was purely for asthetic reasons as I had mentioned the wedding on Saturday. That dentist was awesome - I can't say enough good about how well we were treated in that situation - you becha Im writing them a note!!!! Anyways, his mouth is a little sore but he's pretty much the same ole Bran. He didnt milk the surgery at all! He bounced right back. Funny to listen to him tell people he cant have certain foods because he can't bite them off but he'll get used to it.

The wedding....well...because its getting late, I think I will just post some photos! You can determine how I did! I had a great time....I took a lot of photos because I enjoyed it so much. There are a few things I will do differently for the next wedding but this was a great stepping stone for me.Im pleased with them and think the bride/groom will like them too! Had to do one in b/w/chocolate....she's holding the wedding application....finally got him!


Lastly, before I wrap this up......I saw this on the way home and it looked so pretty. Its one of those sights that when I see it, it makes me think a little deeper.
Have a great day!!
~kel~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kelly,
It's 5:47am and I just love what you do!!! Keep it up girl, it's you're calling...A mom, Wife and Photographer.

Lynne

-Jennifer Harvey said...

Kelly, I count it a privilege to know you. You are a the kind of person that makes everyone around want to be better. I enjoy knowing you and I enjoy your blog very much!
I'm so proud to have you call me friend.

Sitemeter