Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Weekend plans....

I'm already talking about the weekend because mine is going to be so fun! Jean and I have a great group of friends that have been part of our lives for most of our 40 years. We decided we'd try to gather together this year and celebrate together. We did it at 30 yrs so it seemed like fun to try to get everyone together for this one. I'm really looking forward to spending time with them all. The gathering spot for the get-together is our camp - my kids are as excited as I am. Marleigh keeps telling people "We habbin a party at camp!"


I had a model session last night. I work with a talent agent (she represents my kids) and I run a little promo for her to update her client head shots. Yesterday I had a brother and sister who needed updates so of course, we had to get one of them together for mom. I am really drawn to the serious faces.....but you know that already!! Look how great these guys did!

Remember these? I remember mom having some when we were kids and we drove her crazy to make them all the time. Yesterday Kenna dug mine out of the back of the cupboard and drove me crazy to make some. I only had orange juice but I personally think OJ makes the best pops! It was cute to watch her slurping on hers in the yard while Marleigh had her nap. A treat for her to appreciate in her quiet time....a memory for her, I hope.

Makenna informed me that she'd like to change her name to MaKenzie. That's what lots of people at the campground call her and its really noticeable this year returning from the winter break. So I guess I failed in naming her - I actually never considered MaKenzie because I really like Makenna. That's my prerogative I guess...I gave her life I have the right to call her whatever I want :) I told her when she's older, she can change it but I needed to call her Kenna because my heart just can't change it now. (yeah, mom psyche trying to win this fight) but she skipped right over to Cameron and told him he needed to call her MaKenzie now. He looked at me, rolled his eyes and went back to what he was doing. It was comical.

I always watch the news in the morning while I blog. I see this morning there's lots of talk about ticks and the prevention of Lyme disease. Usually I get one tick every morning from one of the kids...this morning it was Cameron, yesterday Marleigh. They are the big ones so I usually dont worry too much. But I had to laugh the other day watching Marleigh playing with her dolls....and checking them for ticks too. Its just a way of life around here!

Its time to sign out. I hope you have a great hump day!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter