Thursday, June 26, 2008

Boys will be boys

A quick entry for the blog today as I have scheduled many things for my free time today.


I mentioned how the boys are spending some time being creative this summer. I photographed them with their homemade bows and arrows. I'm trying to let them explore more and they have some pretty good ideas. Branden does have a real bow that he takes out when Jean is using his so he knows how to use one....I just think its really neat when they do things like this.

As you can see, Cam really likes to wear his jammies. If I didn't tell him to get dressed, I think he'd wear them all day.

Its officially summer....the ice cream man has been making his rounds in the neighborhood! Yesterday you could barely hear the music (I always wondered if the people who drive those trucks get a little insane by the end of summer after hearing that music over and over). I heard Makenna start yelling "Mom, throw down some money...the ice cream man is coming!" Anyone familiar with Eddie Murphy's (rank, I know) comedy skit about the ice cream man will recognize that line she was yelling. We were driving (our best conversations happen in the car) and I was telling the kids about the skit and how everytime I hear the words "the ice cream man" I immediately think of him pretending to be a kid yelling to his mom for money. Shamelessly, I found it on You Tube and once past all the swearing, I allowed them to watch the part where he was playing the role of the kid - of course, they laughed and thought it was so funny but now they think they are funnier yelling it to me when they hear him coming!
Im off to start the day.
Have a great day!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter