Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Holy Hail!

Yesterday afternoon I was gathering the kids up to get Cameron to his hockey game when the skies darkened and the thunder started clapping so loud. I was upstairs...probably screaming about the mess....when I heard the pinging sound of hail on the roof. I ran downstairs because it seemed much louder than I'd heard before and when I looked outside I was blown away with how hard it was coming down. Of course I grabbed the camera and then stuck my hand outside to catch one.
I know its not huge in comparison to what some have seen but for my kids, it was AMAZING! Marleigh ran through the house signing "Its snowing, its snowing".....I'm soooo not ready to go there again!!!!
I dont know if you can see in this photo but the hail is still coming down! It beheaded most of my pansies! When we came home last night around 9:00, it was still on the ground behind the house.....and when I looked there this morning its still there! This last photo was taken of the end of my yard. The hail doesn't show in the long grass but you can see it accumulating near my flower beds. It was a scary storm and the lightening was just amazing. Marleigh has decided its really scary to hear the thunder and now clings to me. I dont mind though - I eat it up actually!


Yesterday Branden's temporary fix to his tooth fell out....I dont know if he was embarrassed about how he looked or if it was frustration but I watched him get emotional for the first time......that broke my heart. He didn't want me to take his photo but I had to so we could document it. He will not have anything permanent done until he's 18 years old. His mouth has still got lots of growing and changing to do in these next few years. Just before it fell out again, the dentist's office called to give him an appointment for something a bit more permanent than just the bonded one he had, but they couldnt get him in until next Monday. So when Branden came to me looking choked up, I immediately called the office back and explained. She told me that they were completely booked but she would put Bran first on the waiting list for cancellations. I told her that would be great and explained it to Branden. A few minutes later, the phone rang again and they told me to be there in an hour....does that place ROCK or what? They rebonded the tooth again (a bit better this time) and made him a clear guard so if it happened again before they could get to him Monday, he could just hold it in with the guard. You can see in the photo how part of the tooth still shows (not his real smile, just showing the missing link).

He's such a good kid...one of my favorites...so I dont like that this has happened to him. I tell him though that he's a hockey player and this is a look they typically go for so he should embrace it! The gals at the dentist office commented that I am so calm and this doesn't seem to bother me.....I replied with "its a tooth, not a limb...plus I know Dr. T will fix him up". I try to keep things in perspective. It doesn't help anything if I overreact....in fact, I think my calm demeanor has helped so much more in this situation....they welcome us to their office because I don't go in there screaming with anxiety.

Three times while writing the blog this morning, Burgah has come in to cuddle with me. She tugs at my shirt sleeve, says "Up Mumma" and when I pick her up, she throws her arms around my neck and lets out a big sigh. I rub her back and she just sits with me for a minute or two and is off and running again. I love those moments....

The kids are in the next room (boys room) packing up stuff in their backpacks....they are going on an adventure in the back yard. The boys made homemade bows and carved the tips off some sticks to make arrows. (Yeah, we might have an interesting story sometime later in the week about those sticks but for now, they are being typical boys so I let them be for now). I hear a plunk sound followed by "Yeah, bullseye" and as long as their is no screaming after, we're good!!!!!

Well, SHE'S BACK!!!....wanting another backrub so I'll close out now!

Enjoy the hump day!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter