Saturday, June 28, 2008

My piggie calls me Maama

Well....it doesn't come out sounding like Maama....more like EEEK EEEK.


Oreo (guinea pig) recognizes me now and when I walk in the room. She starts squeeking and comes to the edge of the cage to greet me. I can make her squeal really loud if I wrinkle a plastic bag because she thinks she's getting a treat. Its really cute and the kids are jealous she only does it for me! So.....that said, do you see who is taking care of the pet that my children so desperately wanted....needed.....had to have and could NOT live without! We take her with us on the weekends to camp and Makenna carries her around the campground with her.....but I think she does it to make new friends and for the attention.


No photos with this blog entry....I'm using the pc at my mom's house - we're here bugging her again today!! Its a yucky overcast, cool day and I needed to do my gram's hair so I asked mom to watch the darlings for an hour or so....now they don't want to leave. I figured I'd come update the blog to give them a few more minutes of playtime. I may come back and update later with photos though - Jean left with a bunch of his buddies for a race. They are gone for the day - I took a photo of them as they were leaving this morning.

Guys are so different when they get together. They packed EVERYTHING but a kitchen sink for a day trip - enough food to feed an army, a stove to cook it on, treats and plenty of beer to get them through the day. I know when I'm heading off with my gal pals, I grab my purse, stocked with enough credit to get me the things I need that day and a sweater incase it gets cold! Im ready to leave WAY before its time to go and I'm chompin at the bit to be kidless for that 8 or 10 hours, whatever it may be. I will say this too though....I miss my family after just a few hours away from them. I dont know if its like that for most people but I just love our time together ... even if its not all peace and harmony.....we can be comfortable with each other and that's really what its all about. So....he's only been gone a few hours but I miss him. Its different from the weekdays - during the weekdays we are busy with our work lives and that's okay but weekends, we are usually together sharing time........and responsibility for the kids!

Im heading back to camp now - will see if I can get the internet working there - AND - the photos loaded.

Keep ya posted!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter