Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sessions revisited

FIRST THINGS FIRST: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my baby sister!!!! I'm not sure if she reads my blog but I wanted to send her birthday wishes. I had to quickly dig up an old photo of her and all I could find was this one of the three of us having a Bday party for our dog. (now I see why my kids are so into parties - I was too at their ages!) Also attaching one I took of her at Christmas time. Hope you have a great day Ker!!!!!!!
I was proofing a few sessions last night and had to share these. I come home from every session with favorites and much as I would love to have a photo of my children (together or alone) standing on the edge of the ocean like this there is no way I can duplicate it. There is something about that single little boy standing on the edge of the big Atlantic. I'm thankful that each of my clients gets something unique from their session! I do have a few things that I do with every session and most of the time even though I take the same shots, the outcome is very different with each subject. (like jumping shots...I do those for the kids..they love it).



This is my style: A serious face in a natural child-like pose.

Here is one I could never duplicate - its so innocent! I did not ask her to hold her skirt above the water....at the end of a session, if its okay with mom, I just asked them to go play in the water and then I sit back and watch.

Okay...so jumping is not JUST for the LITTLE kids! Jason thought this was a cool idea...it was the end of the day and they were getting ready to leave. What a beautiful day!!!!!


I believe these are the types of photos that will mean more to people in years to come than the posed ones where everyone has their perfect smiles. I hope that the mom in photo #1 will be brought right back to that day in Maine when she watched her handsome son run around the beach making friends with strangers and letting me grab a few snaps of him at play.


I know the mom of the three kids above loves that shot of her daughter and we will both look at it and remember how cute she was not wanting to get her dress wet even though she had permission to do so. I like to think that maybe one day when she is grown and has daughter of her own, maybe she will admire the photo enough too and attempt to duplicate the shot for her wall. Its so innocent...


I think Jason and Heather will laugh when they look at the jumping photo. Maybe a photo like that on the wall will remind them of the way they felt that day more than any of the others. Marriage is a leap into a whole new world where you have to go hand and hand through ALL your days together - good and bad.


Have a great day everyone!!!!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter