Monday, June 16, 2008

Forty & Fabulous!

The weekend was really fun! I regret not making up silly games for us to play...and I regret not taking my camera out more but we had fun and the memories are forever. I didn't take lots of photos because we were busy visiting and in the evening hours I just wasnt comfortable taking my camera out of the bag. Somewhere in the last week, I misplaced my external flash and now I have to replace that so taking the camera out in the dark was impossible. I took a few with Jean's point and shoot but because it was dark, I know they are poor quality - I'll get those uploaded and see if there's anything suitable for sharing here. I know there are a few that are not blog quality and I warned people that I had certain standards for my blog so they might not get posted here. It was fun to hear how many were reading about what's going on with my life.



The first night my friends Tracy, Lisa and Diane were brave enough to sleep in a tent....I know they did that for me and I really appreciate them being there!!! They left their significant others home and braved the evening alone. Jean helped them set up the tent and I hoped they would drink enough that the solid ground felt like a feather bed.....no such luck. They were troopers and I really appreciate that they were there! I think its a good thing they didn't attempt that second night because the rain came down REALLY hard and the other tents took on water. I missed hanging with them Sat. night but I understand why they didnt stay.

My mom even came up to visit....she grew up with us too! Everyone welcomed her and here's a photo of her with Diane. There's a smokey cast from the fire .... Jean took this photo.

Sunday morning I met Steven and Andrea as they were leaving....completely drenched. I was driving into the wooded area where they were camping to check on all the tenters to see if anyone needed help or just wanted to get out of the rain and we met on the road. Their kids were packed in the back with rain coats on and luckily they didn't have to drive too far to get home to get warm and dry. I enjoyed hanging out with them because I'm just starting to get to know them better...a really nice family!! Their daughter was so cute watching Marleigh. She and her friend took her to the playground a few times and that was so great for both Marleigh and me!
Steve was the bartender to the group Friday night.....passing out jello shots that my friend Wendy made to everyone in the group....he was kind enough to make sure that everyone had as many as they wished.....and then some! I know he was trying to help me with some great photo opportunities but I failed to tell him my good camera was resting for the evening.


Good Times with Good Friends......it doesn't get any better than that!
Have a great day!

No comments:

Sitemeter