Friday, June 6, 2008

It's Girl Day, It's Girl Day!!!!!

So my gal pals and I decided to "schedule" a few days for us. I even "put in" for time off and asked that Jean take vacation days so I could just enjoy being me for a day! Very therapeutic! We were going to sit in the sun, have a BBQ and a cocktail or two but the weather is just not going to cooperate. So we decided we will go see a movie and "just hang out". Im psyched for it.....can you tell?

I start my day today with a photo shoot with a special little client who I helped welcome into the world with his first photos in the hospital! Im anxious to see him again - I've heard he's grown so much. I'll share those tomorrow! Later today, if the rain holds off, I am to photograph a couple for an prebridal sort of shoot. I wanted them to have a recent photo that they could use at their wedding in July - Im photographing the wedding too!


Tomorrow Im going to shoot a wedding with my friend Debbie Harmon (check out her website http://www.debbieharmonphotography.com/) She and I met on the Amtrak photo shoot that our kids were in (have you seen it on TV yet?) The kids hit it off right away but Deb and I have not stopped talking since! Just love it when you click with someone like that!


Last night my friend Jen drraaaaagged me to Portland to go camera shopping....it was pure torture! HA.....IM KIDDING!!!! I met Jen at preschool this past year and we just "clicked" too. What a great adventure it was shopping for her! She got lots of information from a great salesman who gave her MORE than she could ask for! I was really impressed with her shopping experience! We had such a fun time just laughing and joking. We never got to dinner until 9 PM...we felt like young chicks livin' it up on the town! (Huh, Jen?)



OH my gosh, I am listening to my daughters behind me in the kitchen.....they are so darn funny!!! They are having a birthday party for Makenna's stuffed Carebear today (its been his birthday all week). They use my red checkered tablecloth (picnic), put up the birthday banner, decorate the table with plates, cups and utencils, wrap pretend presents (in special Meemie wrapping paper - Walmart bags - sorry Ma, you're secrets out!) and I see Marleigh, hand on chin telling Kenna "Dis is da best birday party EBER!!" OMG.......so cute!!! Im dying here! They are trying to talk like they are adults.....its killing me!!


BUSINESS STUFF:
Im starting a new referral program! With every regular photo session (specials not included) you will receive additional wallets with your order that have my studio name, number and website on them. I will be more fun for folks to have a business card with their photo or loved one on it than one of my generic cards. I will ask my client to write their name on the reverse of the card and anyone who contacts me for a photo session and uses the name on the reverse will receive a coupon from me for one free 8x10 at their NEXT session. I just think its a win/win situation and we'll see how it goes. Here is a sample of how they look.
Well, Im off for the day! I hope you have a fantastic day and a productive weekend!
~kel~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly-- I'm so glad to find your blog. I love reading it! Have a wonderful girl day and I can't wait to see your wedding shoot!

Thanks you so much for your kind comment on my blog. It meant a lot to me! xoxo, m

Sitemeter