Friday, June 27, 2008

A late night.......


I forgot my camera yesterday!! I had so much running around to do I just never thought to bring it. This is a photo from the day of the wedding....I saw this rainbow on my way home.


We got in late last night after watching the fireworks at the Lakermesse (French) festival in Biddeford. We came home with an extra body too - my nephew Chase wanted to spend the night with the boys so we brought him along with us.


It was a funny day - how my mom tolerates me, I'll never know - oh yah, she's been doing it for 40 years now - its old hat to her!!! I called her about 3:30 yesterday afternoon - she had all four of my kids for Meemie Day. I called her because, it's sad to admit but I do not know how to make fish chowder. I asked her if she could walk me through it because I had some haddock that needed to be used up and since the weekend is approaching, I just didn't know when I'd have time to do it. She was explaining what I should do and I'm sure she sensed the frustration in my voice as I was driving while getting the instructions. She offered for me to bring her the ingredients and she would "throw it together" for me. I didn't hesitate a bit and told her I'd be there asap.....isn't that the BEST thing about moms....still willing to help after all these years! It took me over an hour to finish what I was doing, grab the groceries I needed and get my act over there. It was late to be starting a chowder but she did it anyway. I don't even eat it - I wanted to do it for Jean and Branden because they love it, plus I thought my brothers would enjoy it too and the fish was just going to spoil if it stayed in my fridge. She's so good to my family!!!! It was like a restaurant there last night - everyone wanted something different and she accommodated them...she's the greatest! As soon as the chowder was ready, Jean and Branden had a bowl and we were off to the fireworks.

The kids were really excited to be out....with all the food vendors and those people who sell the cheap toys for a mint you couldn't help but be excited! We got a brown bag of popcorn for $2 from the boyscounts and some waters and gatoraids we had the in the trunk and the kids were pleased as punch with that. We sat with Jean's brother and his kids like we do every year and its special for the kids because we dont see them much throughout the year.

I got to hold Marleigh when the fireworks started. She shook like a leaf! I had to keep saying things like "Oh my gosh, that's my favorite" and "I love the purple one - Marleigh isn't purple your favorite color" to draw her into the excitement. When she heard my nieces behind me getting excited about them, she started to tell me she wasn't scared anymore. She was still glued to me with her blanket up to her nose! They went on for about 20 minutes and by the end, she was ready to go to the car....the grand finale just about put her over the edge. She was a trooper though - no tears!
We were happy to escape the crowd in a fairly quick timeframe. Jean and I boasted to each other about how great it was that we got right on the main road before lots of folks got to their cars and how we'd be home the earliest we ever have! We hopped on the turnpike and 25 minutes later, we were almost at the driveway....when I remembered we had left Jean's truck at the turnpike Park & Ride twenty minutes back! OH....that's hard....when your mind is planning on how you are going to get all these kids into the house, jammies on and settled in when you now have to turn back and start the ride all over. Luckily Jean and I were still on our high about getting out of the crowd early that we laughed about it and commented about how nice it was to have a chance to visit and catch up with the weeks events.
CONTEST TIME AGAIN!
I'm gearing up for a summer contest and will be giving away another large print!!! I will only take ten entrants (first ten to respond at time of announcement) so be thinking about a print you'd like to enter from a session you had with me. The photo you choose will be the one entered into the contest and again you will ask your friends/family/coworkers to vote and the one with the most votes wins.
The contest will start next week - I will ask for entries and will only take the first ten so be ready to contact me when you see the request. Im giving you the weekend to figure out your favorite.
Stay tuned!!
Happy Friday!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter