Wednesday, June 18, 2008

If you're happy and you know it......

Approximately 125 water balloons. I took me about 45 minutes to get them all filled. The girls were my helpers....I passed the completed balloons to Marleigh who passed it to Makenna who put them in the basket that was right at my feet :) Everyone wants to be a helper when it means you get to touch those cold, wet, wiggly balloons! Jean was supposed to be out of town for work but his appointment got cancelled so he came home for an hour or so to participate in the welcome to summer party. It made it so much easier for me to be able to take photos this year. Usually I participate in the toss but always scream "you don't bomb your mother!" I know...Im a wuss. I do spend the morning soaked though - filling them is not the easiest process! We lucked out that the sun came out for a bit just before the boys got off the bus....water balloons in the chilly air is not as much fun. The kids were really cute - I heard them get off the bus down the street and just start screaming and running in the direction of our yard. They saw the basket at the end of the driveway and knew the game was on! The bus driver slowed down a bit in front of the yard so the other kids on the bus could see what was going on - I guess Bran and Cam told them about our tradition.



Jean is so funny - he laughs like one of the boys when he's involved in this battle. The girls decided they would be on his "team" and they all tossed bombs at the boys. It was so cute watching Marleigh....I think she held onto one balloon and dodged the rest.


When the bombing was over, Branden's friend Shawn took a photo of us all. I have to mention that this is a bitter sweet photo for me.....its the first time Marleigh stood like a big kid for a photo without one of us having to hold her so she doesn't run away! Im really proud of her and I will treasure this photo for that reason. Plus.....the fact that my husband's hair is almost as light as mine :) I love his gray hair!! My gosh, my family is growing so fast!

More flowers blooming in my garden!!! I love summer!!!! I need to come up with a better way of uploading photos - they look terrible on here. They are crisp and clear and a bit brighter than they appear here - but I guess you get the idea.

So today is the first day of summer vacation.....I'm so lucky...its 7:20 AM and I get to hear Guitar Hero already!! Wish that sun would come out and warm the air more....I know Kenna will spend most of her days in the pool.......I hope Kenna will spend most of her days in the pool....I will insist that Kenna spend most of her days in the pool. (It's best if Kenna spends most of her days in the pool...its a happy place for her and she tends to leave the boys and their friends alone).

Well, Im off to clean the house!

Have a great day!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter