Monday, June 2, 2008

Portrait of an Oreo.......

You had to know that since we have a new baby in the house, that means I have another subject to photograph! The kids wanted some photos to take to school this morning so I snapped a few last night and decided to share them here too. She gets PLENTY of love here! We even took her to the in-laws camp with us!




Not sure if I mentioned there was a reason for our visit to my in-laws camp this weekend. Its a two hour drive and we left late Saturday afternoon to get there.....arrived around 7 PM. Every year, Jean and his brothers go up and put the docks in the water for their parents. In the fall they go up to take them out again. Its really kinda funny to watch them....the water is freezing cold and they all have to get wet. I was armed and ready with my camera this year. The view out the front window of the camp is beautiful....you wake up looking at the lake through the trees. Here is photo of what we see from the camp - just can't believe I never took a horizontal shot of the view! DUH! The little black flies were incredibly thick this weekend but they go away in a week or so. I can't tolerate that kind of torture so I snapped a few pics and went back to read my book. The girls kept asking for bug spray because they wanted to watch the docks go in. My boys did some fishing - no luck. Below is a photo of Jean's brothers just lining up the dock - Jean jumped out to get the tools they needed. After the docks were in, Cam and Kenna attempted to swim - but it was too cold, even for Kenna.

Isnt the view awesome! Its peaceful - the drive to get there is long but its lovely and relaxing once you arrive.

Marleigh gave me a good chuckle this morning.....sometimes her sense of humor takes me by surprise. I am still helping her to wipe after using the bathroom. This morning she called me in and you know how they lean forward.....well, she fell off the potty onto her hands and I could not help but laugh. She stood up, put her hands on her hips (messy bed hair and a little attitude) and said "What so punny?" (sometimes a b and sometimes a p instead of an f). I just laughed even more.....she said it again with a little more attitude "Mumma, what so punny!?" Oh, I just wish I had a video camera and could put a clip on here....oh, Im gonna have to figure out how to do that!


Im so glad its never dull around here. Each day I have just enough laughter to offset the stress!

No more school for Kenna so that means I get to stay in my jammies just a little longer this morning! Yee Ha! I love my jammies....especially on these warm mornings when I can actually wear them out to water my flowers!

Have a great Monday!!!

~kel~

2 comments:

Jamie VanBeekum said...

Oh, she's so cute! I love your Oreo! I'm glad your kids finally got their pet :D

Kelly said...

Thanks Jamie......My kids are so thrilled with her and she's perfect. She just sits on their laps and they pet her. She's just lovely!

:)

Sitemeter