Saturday, May 31, 2008

Our bouncing baby girl!


Look at the happiness on the faces!










We got the call....she's ours! I was so happy for the kids! The woman selling her was kind enough to send me a list of essentials for her so I went to the pet store and got them right after our beach party with Makenna's class. I was as excited as the girls. I think Makenna and I were most excited to see Cameron's face when he got home and saw we had her here. We had been tossing around the name Oreo and it looks like that's what everyone wants. Makenna calls her Honey (when she's being motherly, she calls little kids and stuffed animals Honey) so Marleigh is confused a bit on the name and just calls her guinea pig. She's cuddly and squeaky, what more could a kid want?




The beach party for the class yesterday was really great. The kids had so much fun and the adults enjoyed themselves too! I will miss the moms I have met in this class. The preschool is one town over from us and Makenna wont be attending school with any of the kids from there next year. That was so hard for me to decide - a great school/teacher but Kenna will have to start over again in kindergarten. Im really happy with my decision...Kenna is outgoing enough to make new friends.


Poor Marleigh was running in the knee deep ocean water when she tripped and fell completely under. I watched it all happen :( She never cried when she went under, she got ugly when I wanted to take her photo - here she is saying "no picha mumma" but I had to take it...I think the water was around 50 degrees (if that) and because I dont frequent the beach for swimming with them much, its a good scrapbook photo. The ocean scares me so much - probably the Jaws movies that sealed the deal but I dont like water that is home to living creatures...I love clear blue water in a small square pond - that's my kind of swimming.

Well, Im gonna run the snack shack at Cameron's baseball game today and after that we are going to the in-laws camp. I'll be updating tomrrow afternoon when we return because I wont have internet access from there.

Have a great weekend!!!!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter