Saturday, May 10, 2008

So I get a little paranoid


I took one photo yesterday. The reason I took this.....paranoia. The girls and I went to get into the car yesterday and this chipmunk sat right next to it watching me as I slid the van doors open, got Marleigh into her seat and then shut the van door. Just sat right there within a few feet. My driveway is made up of small rocks so I stomped my foot trying to get him to run away but he didn't....he was totally eyeballing me!! Then my paranoia started in....maybe he's rabid!!!! Maybe I shouldn't push my luck, I dont want to tell people I was attacked by a chipmunk.....after all, yesterday did not start off the best! Makenna came running around the van to chase him off and I screamed at her to get back into the car - it could be sick! LOL!!!!! Im such a dork!!!! I got my camera out - he sat there.....as I turned to snap the photo....he ran!!! Just like my kids, the camera scared him off! I chased him down for this photo (had to show him who was the boss afterall!)

Today we are heading up to camp. Jean will be running the boys around to their sporting appointments and I will go to camp to relax!!! Just the way it should be Mother's Day weekend...tomorrow I will be busy visiting mothers so its best I relax today. Jean will come in at the end of the day because he's just been waiting for a campfire (last weekend it rained).

I made a video/slideshow with my photodex program. It's a Mother's Day tribute. Im sharing the link here: http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2968087&alb=0 Hopefully it will work. If you'd like to watch it, you will have to download a program to view it but you will have access to all the online slideshows I create in the future too!

A few readers have asked me to do a class on photography. Though I don't feel Im educated nearly enough to give a class, I am thinking of having a get-together to chat about how to get some great photos and allow people to ask me specific questions about photography. When I started the learning process, I was confused by what I was reading in books and that's when I met another photographer who lived across the country from me who was willing to share her knowledge. Here's a note for her.....Jennifer, I am so lucky to have met you and cannot thank you enough for the changes you have helped me make in my life!!!! Im happy to pay it forward!!! If you think you might be interested in joining me for a chat like this, please email me: jkroy(AT)roadrunner.com and I will put together an email list to let you know when it's going to happen.

Im off to start the day. I slept late today (7:00 AM) so I feel out of sorts and like half that day is already gone (its only 8:00). I made the kids some cinnamon rolls and they are so excited - eating their third one each as I type this.

I hope you have a Happy Mother's Day my friends!!!! Even to those who do not have their own children but support their friends who do!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter