Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mother's Day

We were at camp for my Mother's Day. I was happy for Jean, he got some firetime Saturday night and got to hang out with his friends. He went to bed very late but still managed to get up with the kids in the morning. I knew Makenna wanted to serve me breakfast in bed so I lounged until they all appeared at the door. Cameron was holding a tray of Cheerios with a banana. They were all pretty excited but the girls were crazy for the idea that they got to bring me food in my bed! It was really cute! Jean bought me some petunias to hang around the yard and that's what I really like to get and give for Mother's Day so it was perfect.


We packed up our gear from camp, stopped at home to unload and get ready for our busy day. First, we visited with my mom. We keep it simple and have burgers and just hang out. Its relaxing and its kinda hard to leave because its nice just to sit and visit. Jean and Kenna enjoyed some time fooling around. She loves to be tickled.
I took this photo of my handsome hubby with his red, red face. He got a sunburn on Saturday because he didnt expect sunshine at Branden's lacrosse game. Its hard to get in that habit of screening yourself at the beginning of the season. I see the burn relief on the counter in the bathroom so Im sure he'll be good about putting sunscreen on now. Look at his awesome blue eyes with that shirt....and I love his gray hair!



Next we had a birthday party for my friend Tracy who turns 40 this year!!! There is a big group of us that are all turning 40 and we have a huge party planned for June - should be lots of fun. We stopped in for an hour or so to visit with friends and had a nice time socializing there too!


Last stop was my mother-in-laws. When we showed up, my sister-in-law was parked in the driveway and had the back of her van open. She brought all her yard toys and the kids went crazy playing with all the neat stuff she had. Marleigh tried so hard to do things like the big kids. She was too little for the pogo sticks....too little for the stilts....and too little for the jump rope.....but she tried everything anyway. Here she is holding onto the jump rope watching the bigger kids on the other toys with envy.

Aunt Lisa finally offered to hold the jump rope (long one) out for her to be able to jump like the big kids.....look at that delighted look! The first one she's getting instructions on where to stand. Then she jumped and jumped and jumped.

It was a really nice day and I enjoyed it.

Happy Monday!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter