Saturday, May 3, 2008

A scare at my house....

Yesterday I heard that cry no mom ever wants to hear. You know the one that is not the normal cry.....its the help me cry that makes your heart jump right into your throat the second you hear it. It was Marleigh....and I could tell it wasnt good. I ran down the hallway towards her cries. She was in the coat closet in my living room...I couldnt see very well in there but I could tell she had hurt herself with a pole (3 ft or so long) that had been stored in there. Her cry continued.....I tried pulling her out of the closet but she was stuck and she screached as I tried to move her. I felt for her and could feel the rod was stuck in her mouth!! It was wedged between her mouth and the floor on the opposite corner of the closet. It had her pinned! My heart ached at what I was barely able to see. The coats hung in my way and I tried to move them and take care of her - not knowing if I needed to lift her to relieve the pain or which direction would release her. I know I was shaking.....it was killing me to hear her cries....I could only imagine it was choking her. I finally lifted her free, put her on the floor and tried to see into her mouth but it was bleeding and I knew I needed to calm her first.

I took her to the kitchen and now was dealing with Makenna crying too. It was so scary for us. I had Marleigh swish and spit some water and asked Kenna to go get a flashlight so I could see into her mouth. She had a few cuts in her mouth but it wasn't too bad and after a few rinses, the bleeding had nearly stopped. I continued watching her and she bounced back to her normal activities. This morning she says her booboo is all gone. I hated that experience yesterday....but Im so thankful it was all okay.

I got permission from a few of the preschool moms to show you their cute kiddos. You can see how much fun I had. I'll continue showing them off over the next few days :)

I took this one of Kenna's class yesterday. I didnt have my camera settings right for action so its pretty blurry - but I still think its pretty cute of them! I might have to go back for a reshoot!!

Tonight we are planning to have an overnight at the campground. I will be away from my computer so journaling on the blog will not happen until later in the day when I return. I dont have my laptop (its being fixed) so I cannot update from camp as I usually would.

Have a great weekend!!!!!!

Until tomorrow.....

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter