Thursday, May 22, 2008

Welcome to Thursday.

Well, we didnt win the lottery.....again :( Just checked my numbers online and told Jean he still had to go to work today. He's a little bummed but he'll get over it.


Sweet Marleigh is still asleep in my bed as I write this. She still crawls in with me every morning. She cant climb up so she hits the mattress three times to get me to wake up (well, truth be told, most times I hear her come in, I just like her routine so I let it play out). She looked so sweet this morning in her pink ruffled jammies and she still has her pigtails in from yesterday (she usually makes us take them out before bed). She looks like a little angel laying there. I was going to run up to take a photo of her to go with this but I hear her talking with Kenna. Oh, she just came up next to me and said "Hi Mom!" like its been a long time since we last saw each other....I always act just as excited and respond with "Good Morning, How are you?" She has a huge smile like I just made her day - that's all that matters!


Busy day today - oil change, pedicure and a product photo shoot for Pantry Candles!! http://www.pantrycandles.com/ I love a well scheduled day and I'm so glad for Meemie days that I can do all this stuff in one day!


I failed to take a single photo yesterday so I'm bummin I have nothing new to show. I'll see what I can pull together today and maybe even come back to blog when I get back here.


Last night I went to the parent meeting at the middle school where Branden will be going next year. I can't believe he's going to be a 6th grader :( He's such a good boy - I just asked him to do a few things, he doesn't hesitate a bit and gets them done for me. He's so helpful with the girls! Makenna has started showering herself now and she has trouble shutting the water off completely so I asked Branden to step in and help her. I heard her say "dont look at me, Im all naked". He laughs and just does what I've asked and shuts the door behind him. I love that the boys think the girls are so cute. Sometimes Cam and Kenna struggle to get along but sometimes when she's saying something silly, asking a really innocent question or singing a son, he looks at me and smiles and says she's cute. It warms my heart. I just want them to grow up close to each other....maybe they will all run from me, the yeller, but as long as they run together and take care of each other, that's all that matters. So far all my dreams have come true and life has played out just way I hoped. So, I'll continue to walk this path the best I can, set the best examples that I am capable of and continue to pray for their well being. I will continue to surround myself with great people so that they too can learn how to choose friends that bring joy and not contention. I love my friends and I feel so blessed for them. Without them, the struggles would be devastating and the good times wouldn't be so good.

Have a great day!!!

~kel~

2 comments:

Ken said...

It's great to have children around to touch our hearts. I don't know what I would do if I didn't take at least one picture during the day.

Kelly said...

Thanks Ken! I always hope to be surrounded by children...we can learn so much from the innocent ways they see the world.

Sitemeter