Sunday, May 4, 2008

Carebear gives birth...

In the back of my minivan......to a styrofoam cup! How's that for headline news! :)

Makenna and Cameron rode in the back of my van on the way to camp yesterday. They were so funny to watch. Cameron gave the carebear a shot in the leg, turned her over onto her tummy.....asked me if there was lots of blood when I had my babies....and turned back to what he was doing. Makenna told the Carebear to push....and out came the make pretend baby....a styrofoam cup one of the kids left in the back of the from a hot chocolate some time ago. Then they took turns holding the baby (the Carebear became the baby and the mom was now imaginary). It was so cute to watch them in my rearview mirror (they didnt think I was paying any attention). Makenna loves to watch A Baby Story on TLC and Cam is pretty much a willing participant to play whatever the girls are doing when nobody else is around :)


Yesterday Jean took Branden to his Lacrosse game almost a 1.5 hours drive from here. They had other families with them (dads/sons) and it made for a nice time. They also got some alone time and Jean used it to give Branden a heads up with the health class talk scheduled for the coming weeks. Jean wanted to be the one to tell Branden about the birds and the bees so he used his time alone with Bran to do just that. I couldn't believe it. We hadn't discussed the fact that Jean would have the talk with him....so when he said he did it, I was a little shocked. I think I would have liked to have been part of it but it seems to have worked out just right for Branden. I did tell him last night before bed that I would like him to come to one of us for answers....he said he would. This is all happening way too fast!


I have a few more school photos for today. I am going to show Makenna's class photo - and I have also included how cropping a photo works. You will see the largest is how it looks right out of the camera cropped at a 4x6 ratio. Then I included the two most popular crops and how they affect the photos. When I put them online for viewing, I typically leave them in the 4x6 size to allow for the extra room around the subject so in an effort to educate about cropping, so keep this in mind when ordering prints (this goes for walmart, etc too) 8x10 and 5x7's are shorter, wider crops than the longer, more narrow 4x6. So if your photo takes up the entire frame of the 4x6 you had developed, you will lose some of it if going to a larger size.
This is the teacher's son....so he got a few extra poses (I only do head shots for school photos) but he was willing to be my model when I was testing my lights for the setup. He and Makenna get along really well!

I hope you're having a relaxing Sunday!!!!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter