Friday, May 16, 2008

Three down, one to go...

First things first.....Happy Birthday Mom!!!!! She's the best you could ask for. My girls are so excited it's her birthday, they are digging out the dresses they wore to my nieces wedding to wear for Meem's party! Makenna wants her hair done up with curls and Marleigh is wearing a pajama top with her favorite pink skirt (that she has tried to wear out of the house the last three days in a row) and some striped socks that dont match each other (shaking my head at her shortcomings when it comes to attire).....she did NOT get that from me! I hope we can make Meem's day special - she deserves it so much. She's always up for watching the kids! When she has my brother's/sister's kids, she calls to invite mine over because they all have such a fun time at her house. She keeps all of them overnight often and without hesitation! She is really giving them great memories - I know that for as long as she is there, they will all flock there for comfort and peace as they get older, just like my siblings and I do. I hope her day is special :)

I love that photo of Makenna so much I decided yesterday I really wanted to try to get one of each of the kids that maybe I could love as much. I took out my zoom lens, returned to the same place again (great light on the side of my house) and started shooting each of the boys. I have to admit...I still love Kenna's most but these are awesome and I think if I print them in 12x18 too I might have a nice series :)


First Branden. I have to tell you how blessed this boy makes me feel as a mom. He's awesome!! He's a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. He makes good choices and he gives everything he tries his best. He's good at sports and seems to follow in Jean's footsteps in that he is athletic and works hard for his team. He's a good model for me....he will sit as long as I need him to. He will pose, smile, straight face, wear almost anything I ask of him, etc. A great kid I have!



Next is Cam. I'm totally smitten with this first photo of him. He makes my heart smile so much when I see this. I kept telling him how handsome he looked through the lens and that he was giving me some great stuff for my project. He lit up like this when I said that. This sweet face is a definite keeper. He's my sensitive one...but he's as tough as he is sensitive. The hockey coach called him "Cam, the quiet man Roy". He loves hockey...he's confident when he's on the ice and man are they cute to see skating so well at this age!




The boys like to pose with no smiles. I actually have to tell them when to smile so I find I get the better photos when I let them lead the way with what they want to do. Sometimes I get the silliest looks. Technically this photo is not perfect but I like it....that's all that matters, right?
Now I just have to work on Burgah and getting a good photo of her. Maybe while Kenna is at school today I can get her to the sweet spot for some keepers. I know....I have tons of keepers and what can I possibly do with all these photos....oh, I'll find something to do with them :) I'd paper the walls with my kids if it didnt make me look obsessive.

Today is freebie friday and I have a COOL gift to pass along. I will post it just before 10:00 AM so if you wanna check back!!
Happy Friday!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter