Friday, May 30, 2008

Lots of lovin for Marleighburgah...

I'm a bad, bad mother.....well, I felt like one. When putting the girls to bed last night their room seemed warm but I didnt want to open the window knowing the light would keep Marleigh awake longer. I opted to just open it for a bit later. When I went to bed I remembered I hadnt opened it so I did open it about 6 inches and put the fan in the window to bring the cooler air in quicker. My plan was that when Jean came up for bed he would check their room, notice it was cooler and close the window.....he never checked in on them :( Not his fault, he was only a few minutes behind me going to bed - I completely forgot!! Its old age....its hitting me already. I turned 40 and my mind is going. At about 3:00 AM Marleigh started crying....I asked Jean to check on her (he's closest to the door). I heard him close the window and I jumped out of bed...I knew it had to be cold in there. Poor Marleigh had come uncovered and was shivering cold. He got her a sweater and we tucked her back in bed. Her skin was so cold...I felt horrible. I went to the bathroom and when I returned to bed I just could not sleep. The thought of her cold skin haunted me. I went to her bed to check on her again and her little arms reached up for me. I whispered to her...."want to come to mommies bed so I can warm you up". Her arms wrapped around my neck and I scooped her up. I walked back to my room with her little bum in my hand rubbing her back with the other. Its a horrible feeling when you feel so guilty for something stupid like that. We cuddled for about 20 minutes and neither of us could sleep so I asked her if she was ready to go back to her bed and she softly replied "yah". I just love to hold her!



I guess Im not that "bad" of a mother. While looking at Craigslist yesterday (my new addiction) I saw someone giving away a baby guinea pig. :) I showed Cameron the photo and said "Cam, its not a dog, its a guinea pig and I think you could take care of it nicely....what do you think?" His reply....."REALLY....oh mom, any pet will do!" His eyes lit up and I told him I would have to see if it was still available. He asked me if he could run out and tell Branden and Kenna (playing outside) but I told him he would have to ask his dad first. We called Jean right away who didn't give an adamant NO so basically he was saying yes! LOL! I emailed the person but they haven't responded to us yet - we are all on pins and needles waiting like expecting parents! We dont have a cage and have never had a guinea pig before so I told the boys they would have to make a spot for it in their room....(I was already too late, the spot was made, the special items they were going to give the GP, etc were already designated). They are going to come home tonight to research on the web all about guinea pigs and what they need, etc. Its a good learning experience.

I took this photo yesterday of the sun coming up on my lawn - AAAAh green!!!! Just wanted to share but its probably too small for you to see the bench, etc.

Today we are going to the beach with Makenna's class. It is the last day of school for her. She's very excited to be with her pals.

I hope to get to the blog this weekend but Sunday we will be at my in-laws camp a few hours up state from here. They dont have internet access there as its a "real" camp! We should be home midday and my plan is to update with photos then!

Here comes Marleigh again, looking for another hug....I never turn her away! I hope your day is great!!!!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter