Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sometimes ya gotta break the rules....

Yesterday Jean asked me to water the lawn since we couldn't count on Mother Nature doing it for us. I agreed I'd do it and late yesterday morning I finally remembered to go start the water. It was only about 62 degrees here but when I got the hose set up, Marleigh started running for it screaming "Sissy...sprinkler" and stripping off her little white blouse as she was running. I yelled NOOOOO!! I told them it was just too cold to be in the water that day and they would have to stay away from it and wait for a warmer day.


If you read my blog regularly, you know Marleigh well enough to guess what I might write next. I looked out the window and see her inching her way closer and closer to the water. I grabbed my camera and hid on the porch hoping she wouldn't see me but I couldn't stay hidden well.


When she discovered me photographing her and not yelling at her, she took it that what she was doing was acceptable. When I saw this face, I could not help but let them enjoy the simple pleasures of childhood.


When Makenna saw that Marleigh wasn't getting into trouble, she ran for her boots and thought her raincoat would be a good idea to help keep her dry. The mud was so enticing.....I watched Makenna for a bit just playing in it.


While watching Makenna....this little blurb appeared....a streaker!! Marleigh had disappeared behind the plastic climbing set and completely stripped her clothes off. It was bit on the cool side....but she was laughing so hard and having so much fun I figured a few minutes was enough to make a memory, get some good photos for the scrapbook (and blog) and I would scoop her up and dry her off. Soon after, Kenna joined her, they were both running around in the backyard in their underwear. (didnt find those to be appropriate for the blog but certainly have some great ones for the scrapbook). It only took a few minutes to make that memory for them and I completely enjoyed the break to watch them having so much fun.
Jean was a little bummed about the seed they destroyed in that patch of mud where they played but when he saw the wedgie photo I got.....he agreed it was worth it to let them play.

Gotta let them be little....

Happy Hump Day!!!


~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter