Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Keeping them busy.

The hardest part about being home with the girls is keeping them busy and away from snacking. Its only 7:00 AM and already Marleigh has asked me for a waffle, Cheerios, an oatmeal cookie, easy mac & cheese and Teddygrams. I just had to get her set up with playdoh to keep her busy. I have to consciously think about NOT being a snacker because if I'm bored I do go find something to be doing and that's usually snacking. I know where they get it from but I dont want them to have the weight issues I have so I try to distract them to something else to keep them busy.

Kenna's screening went well, I guess. I didn't go in with her....I got to sit and try to listen to the principal talk about the school while trying to keep Marleigh quiet...she kept asking me "we go home now"...loudly. When we got there, they handed us trifold brochures for the school that were individually hand made by the 3rd graders. They were so cute!! I thought that was a great idea - it was really welcoming and the girls liked seeing the drawings the kids did. I read Makenna the rules on the back page...she answered "I know mom, they are the same as my school now". I have to admit for all the times I've said she's my most spirited, she has really chilled out and become quite a nice little person. She has her moments (dont we all) but I know she's gonna be just fine! I took a few photos of us yesterday on our way out.

I've got to find a formula that shows how clear and sharp these photos are on the web. I love this one of Marleigh...its typical...I asked her to stand there so I could get a test shot in...CHEESE! I have to tell her, no, don't say cheese...just stand regular.....but she's 2!

I guess I better go find something else for Marleigh to do - she just came to me asking for chocolate graham crackers.....she was toting a basket that she had stuffed full of snacks!!!

Enjoy this beautiful day!!!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter