Sunday, May 11, 2008

To All Great Women.....

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day and were surrounded by the ones you love. I had a great day!

I just tucked my beautiful girls into bed after tubbing the yuck of the day off them. While tubbing them, Makenna was acting silly....closing her eyes like she was sleepy/drowsy and making her body go limp (like a baby). As I held her limp body to wash her up I was noticing the way she looked....so helpless and unable to care for herself. It made me stop to think how lucky I am to have healthy children. I started thinking about the experiences that lots of other moms live with every day with children with disabilities....or the moms who have lost a child (young or old). Those moms deserve special recognition on Mother's Day. I don't say this out of pitty....I say this out of compassion and appreciation for their strength for their children and their families. God bless those moms who were given more than any of us think we can handle.
We drive by this tree on the way to camp and I always wonder about the story behind this particular yellow ribbon. It makes me think......and I believe that's its purpose on that tree.

Mom's hug your kiddos extra tight tonight and remember the day you met.

Happy Mother's Day!

~kel~

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

i seriously teared up after reading your post. you are so right...i will hug my kids extra tight tonight.

Sitemeter