Thursday, May 29, 2008

Paper dolls.


The girls thought we should get these cute books for Meemie for her birthday because Meemie has neat toys at her house and they thought these would be fun on Thursdays. They gave them to her at our home and she forgot them when she left. The girls have been anxiously waiting to get them out of the package so I allowed them to open them up and Marleigh has been playing with them almost non-stop. The books have the thick, hard pages and the girls are cut out and affixed to the book. The material is small 3x5 squares that they lay across the doll and then the top page falls over the cutout so the material is pressed between the pages. Its so simple for Marleigh to use and she loves making different dresses. She has learned to layer the material so the waistband and trim is different.....yeah, I'm confident she's gonna be a rocket scientist...or the next Vera Wang! These are cool books and Im enjoying watching Marleigh create.


I wanted to show off the the three prints of the kids all together. These are done in 8x12, which is an odd size so finding a frame at a local store wont be possible. I dont think I want to frame them, they are mounted on matboard so that keeps the photos stiff. My plan is to put them on a shelf for display just like this.

Im still working on one of Marleigh that goes with this series...but its not easy! I took her outside yesterday and not ONCE did she look at me in about 40 shots. I got one of her smiling at jean that is cute but it just doesnt work for this series....so back out for more another time.

Yesterday when I picked Makenna up at school, a few of the other moms asked me if we wanted to join them for lunch at McDonald's (Cam calls it Ronnie Macs) and then story time at the library. They have asked us before but I dont accept because Marleigh is usually fried by that time of the day (she wakes at 5:30). We accepted this time! I asked Mrs. Potter if her son could come along with us for the luncheon and he accepted. Makenna is a little sweet on him so I knew she'd be thrilled to have him ride in our car with us! Im not sure he'll take us up on that ever again. The girls had asked me earlier to put in the CD of the Backyardigans for them to sing to and when their favorite song came on, they both belted it out loud and clear (Hannah Montana style) and that poor boy was subjected to a concert in the back of my minivan. He was less than thrilled until he found a transformer of Camerons! I just wanted to print a few lines of their favorite song.....

I'm queen Tasha and I rule the whole back yard.

I rule everything, its really not that hard.

Im in charge of it all and I like it that way...

cause everyone has to do what I say.

I don't blame him if he never wants to ride with a bunch of girls again!

Hope you have a productive Thursday!!!! Its already Friday tomorrow!!!!!!

:)
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter