Thursday, May 8, 2008

Lots of pics today.

Sometimes I question whether I'm truly a cool mom but yesterday, I was the best! I allowed the kids to run in the sprinkler! Makenna said it was such a sweaty day she really needed to run in the sprinkler. She got it all set up, last year's bathing suit on, a towel all set out on my front porch and she was having a snack to get some energy for all that fun in the sprinkler. How could I say no....she was so excited! Marleigh was napping and she did all this by herself. A bit later the neighbor boy called to see if she wanted to play - she accepted, went to visit but they both returned shortly after to run in the sprinkler together. I like to watch them just laughing and having fun.

I was fussing with my camera settings and taking a few shots while they were playing so we all got something out of it. I took about 150 shots....got some great ones but when I was looking them over this morning to put on the blog....I actually went "wow" at this one. I just love it.

Soon into it, the boys came home from school and joined in the fun. Here's twinkle toes Cam who wasted NO time getting his suit on. The second one is taken while I was laying on the ground. I used a zoom lens so I was far enough away not to get wet but zoomed in for this angle.



Marleigh ran "around" the water. I don't think she ever got wet but she had so much fun that she asked me this morning if she could run in the water again!



Here's a cool perspective.....this is my hosta plant just starting to come up out of the ground. Pretty neat, huh? Looks like Honey I Shrunk the Kids.



Next photo is a before/after of Marleigh. I've been talking about my battles with her when she wants to dress herself. I photographed the proof yesterday. She was completely dressed in this blue outfit and went upstairs because she decided she wanted to wear something else she found. She partially changed and came down stairs. I told her the clothes she had chosen were too hot for the day and they were winter clothes and she needed to change back. She went back upstairs and got this outfit "back" on. So this photo is her dressing herself before and the after photo is the print on the clothes. She puts them on completely backwards and inside out (note the tag under her chin) and shoes are always on the wrong feet. She also attempted to do her own hair.

The only way I can "help" her is to tell her we are leaving and we have to do it "really quick". Don't get me wrong...Im so proud of her for trying to do it herself...and if we aren't going anywhere, by all means she is allowed to wear them how she puts them on (she even puts her jeans on backwards which drives me completely insane just because they look uncomfortable).

Lastly, a girl after my own heart!!!! I posed for her when she was taking my photo...she took the camera down from her face, scrunched up her nose and said "nooo, not like that"...so I tried another pose and she agreed that one would be okay! LOL! Sooo funny!

I take these photos of my everyday life to inspire others to do the same!!!!! Put your camera on your kitchen counter so it is always ready to go! You can get the best stuff just by being prepared. I hope I inspire!


Have a great day!!!!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter