Monday, May 26, 2008

What a DAY!!

What a weekend I should say! It was fantastic...and it ended even better! I feel like I have so much to tell that I don't even know where to begin!! I was going to post photos from each segment of the weekend to recap what I potsed yesterday but time is not on my side now and Im completely exhausted!



I would just like to post a few photos and a few words from my heart......

Look at these beautiful flowers I received today......the yellow ones were from my mother, the purple orchid my children brought me....and the dasies were from my oldest and dearest friends, Diane and Tracy. The cupcakes.....pink sprinkles with tiaras.....Lisa brought me. The...THE BED.....I'm completely tickled about it and my mom is the one who purchased it for me because she knew how much I wanted it.



Today is my day.....My 40th birthday!! I cannot believe its here.....I cannot believe it when I see it typed out....and I cannot believe how blessed I feel for everything in my life as I look back over these years. My best gals (minus Tami who was missed today but in my heart) came to see me at camp to hang with me on my day. My favorite thing to do (besides gift store shopping) is to sit with my friends and pass the time - and they know that so that's what they gave me. It was great. My sweet hubby waited on us, made us hamburgers on the grill and was just the best guy a girl could ask for. My mom was there to sit with us and we all relaxed the day away.
We sat in the sun like we did 20 years ago, working on our tans only now the talk wasn't so much about boys - it was about aging skin and expanding waistlines....Im just happy to know we still have so much in common!
I'm so lucky to have friends like this who would not allow me to turn 40 alone.

Special thanks to my sweet girl Makenna.....who loves a party! She spent the day making me feel special...in the morning she came to my bed and gave me an extra long hug and a card she made on the back of a paper plate. At noon she decorated the table with daffodils she'd picked from the garden at camp and this evening she told me I didn't have to make her dinner because it was my birthday :) She gets it.....she really gets how important it is to make a person feel loved and welcomed on the day that marks the anniversary of their life. I dont know how many times she came up to hug me...and she always hugs me.....but today she looked at me different...like I was special...and that is a feeling I will never forget. For a woman with forty years under my belt...I never knew how great it would feel to have my girl look at me like that!


Thank you all for allowing me to be a little part of your day just by reading my blog. I hope to continue to be a positive influence in your day.
Good night and God speed!
oh and happy birthday to me.... :)
~kel~

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

happy birthday my sweet friend!

Fran said...

Very Happy Birthday Wishes winging their way from my heart to yours!
HUGS
Fran

Bethany said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY!!

Sitemeter