Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back to our normal programming....

What a beautiful morning!!! Its still only spring and Im already worried the summer is almost over because we have been blessed with some really beautiful weather in these past few weeks. This is Kenna's last week of school....my plan is to completely enjoy her this summer before she goes off to school all day next fall.


This week is completely upside down for me. Yesterday morning just seemed crazy here and I had several things I wanted to get done so I just plugged along.

I'm currently listening to the sweet sounds of Marleigh and Makenna being sisters. Fighting, laughing, singing and an occasional shriek from Marleigh followed by a snicker and Makenna saying "Marleigh, that's not funny". I can only imagine the mess they are making. Oh, now I hear Marleigh bossing Makenna around in a tone that is supposed to sound like me "You are not playing dat anyMORE" and Kenna just laughs at her!


Im finding Marleigh to be a mischievious little thing. This weekend I had to stay right on top of her at the camp. Our camper is situated on a lot that is close to the entrance/exit of the campground...its also close to the pool, playground and recreation hall which is great when you have small kids to watch. This is the first year we are letting Makenna go to the playground without us accompanying her. She usually tags along behind the boys. A few times we took Marleigh out of the box (which is the perimeter of our campsite) and she took full advantage of the freedom after that, thinking she could come and go like her siblings. There were a few times when we just ran into the camper to get something (or go potty) and there she was, across the field in the playground. Oh....that little stinker....she kept us on our toes.


I took this quick photo of my little rock wall at the back part of our lot. I got the girl figures from the Christmas Tree Shop a few years ago and I planted pink petunias in them. Im sure the petunias wont last long as Im not up there mid week to water them. I took a chance at planting some pink and white flocks in the rocks. I still have plans to put some hosta in along the edges.

The weekend was relaxing (get used to hearing that) and we are looking forward to another this weekend.....this is how it goes in summer, its like one long vacation because the camper is so close to us, we get there more often.


Here is a close-up/macro shot of my orchid. Is this cool or what?

Here is a close-up photo of one of the flowers (they were dying) that Makenna picked for me.

And here is the bunch of them. We put them in a candle holder as I dont have any vases at camp :)

Well, the kids need me so I'm going to get this posted.

Happy Hump day (already!)

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter