Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ahhhh Springtime!

Makenna and I spent some time gardening yesterday. We made our trip to Walmart for seeds and soil. She went a little overboard with the seeds but I let her have a good time picking her favorites. When we walked into the open part of the store where all the flowers were lined up, she walked through the doorway and gasped and said "oh wow, so beautiful". An older woman turned around to look at her and said to me "Oh, that's so nice how much she appreciates this" . I told the woman how much she couldn't wait for this trip to choose flowers. I can't help but think I'm building some special memories with her because its something she looks forward to every year now. :)
We started a small garden near the shed. I used to have one there a few years ago but got too busy to maintain it so I let it go. I had to work at cleaning it up without digging up the bleeding heart that still comes up every year. We planted a bunch of those wild flowers that grow well in shade. I sure hope they come up. I like to cut a few to enjoy in the house too. I still have to fill the urns I have on the front steps but I like to put bright pink petunia's in them - its sort of my "thing" to do that the same every year. I love petunias and I like to open the front door in the morning and see them all looking so lovely and pink! I wait until Walmart gets the wave brand in the bright pink containers - they are not expensive and they grow the best.
Makenna made a centipede friend when we were gardening "a pet" she called it because Im too mean to get them a dog. Cameron came home with a book from the library...."Caring for Puppies"...will it ever go away?
I know this is a photo of a worm....it was the next pet after the centipede escaped the cottage cheese bowl when Kenna wasn't looking....lucky centipede...she smothers them with too much love! I think the worm has been returned to the garden. The boys think this is COOL!
Tonight I will be at my studio from 5-6 PM delivering prints to some folks. If you're in the area and wanna stop and chat with me, I'd love to have the company!! If you haven't been in to see the studio and wanna check it out, please come along! I will be leaving promptly at 6:00 to get Branden to All Band night at the high school....its a big thing for these younger kids to see the big kids play.

I'll close this post now and wish you a Happy Hump Day!!!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter