Friday, May 9, 2008

Sometimes things don't go as planned.

I'm late posting again today!! I decided at 5:45 AM that I was going to highlight my hair because it just was so drab looking. Marleigh decided that she wanted to shower with me this morning...which was great because if we decide to go to camp tonight, I wont have to worry about getting her into the tub before the day is through. Then Makenna thought it sounded like fun to join us - yeah, lots of work to shower with three people in there but it gets the job done and I don't have to worry they are getting into mischief! Just before my shower, the neighbor called and asked if her son could come catch the bus with my boys. I agreed that was fine....she told me she'd be here in 20 minutes! I dont like to have supervision over someone elses child unless I'm ready for the day so I scurried to get everyone together.

While I was showering the girls, Cameron came into the bathroom crying....he had jumped onto the couch and got stabbed by a pencil in the leg. I don't know about other parents but do you use these moments (when your child is in complete agony) to express the fact that you have tried to tell them a million times that pencils dont belong on the couch.... I actually hate that I do that but it seems to distract them because they go into defense mode and then the blame game comes into play...I didn't leave the pencil there, it must have been Makenna....who then screams NOOO....I didn't leave a pencil on the couch!!! Such a fun morning!!

He was crying and standing in front of me with his pants to his knees telling me that it was the outer top thigh so I tried to look at it hanging out from the shower....but I couldnt see well enough. I told him to call Jean (pacify him for a few minutes while I finished the showers). I rushed through showering, Jean called to tell me he was coming back home, I told him he should go on to work, I was fine (you know, it was utter chaos but to him I had to be super mom). I quickly got dressed so I could assess the damage. All the while, Cam cried.....I felt so bad. I believe the stories Branden was sharing about lead poisoning, etc. were making the tears bigger and the cries louder....it was a scratch!!! The lead end of the pencil was broken before it stabbed him....so the rough end scrached him. I doctored him up just as company showed up at the door. The crying stopped and he went about his day as usual. WHEW!!!!! So that was my morning :)


Today I have photos of Cam - at a happier time - in the sprinkler the other day. Just thought I'd throw together what could be a scrapbook page.
I love this effect....how the background is blurred out and the focus is on him. I did not edit this to look like that, its the results I get when I use my zoom lens. I love how his big teeth show his age (almost 9) as the rest have not yet grown in to match them yet.


Today I have a busy schedule with two tea parties!!! Branden's class is having a Longfellow tea at 9:30 AM and Makenna has a Mother's Day tea at 11:15. Marleigh loves a party and her excitement to go into the kids classes makes them so fun for me.
It is Freebie Friday. I will not be announcing the freebie until I return from tea!

Until later......
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter