Thursday, May 1, 2008

Another busy day ahead!!

Shoot'n kiddos is my FAVORITE thing to do!!! I had so much fun with the preschoolers at Henny Penny. Just want to send a little note of thanks out to the owner/teacher, Mrs. Potter, who asked me to be their photographer this year! I was thrilled being asked and completely enjoyed my time with the kids! Makenna's class is today and Mrs. Potter did such a great job of pumping the kids up, even my over photographed child is looking forward to picture day! Okay...I must admit that I dont think it really has as much to do with having photos taken as it does with the kids getting the opportunity to "see inside Mrs. Potter's house"!! (the preschool is in a separate part of the house) I am doing the photos in her dining room and the kids are so excited to see what's behind that door that has been closed all school year. Kids are so funny!

One of the boys was NOT willing to part with smiles very easily. He was so handsome and his eyes were an amazing blue...he made me work hard....I took my time with him and finally thought to ask that magical question....Have you ever been to Disney World? He answered me with a very UNenthusiastic "yeah"....like I was wasting his time:) I continued my questions and mentioned that I had a 2-1/2 year old daughter that was going to be going with me soon and did he think they had rides she might like. He was very interested in assisting me with some ideas for rides...but told me it would be better if she was 3. I asked if there was a castle with Princesses there....he said "Yeah, that's for GIRLS!" I'll share his photo as soon as I get permission from his parents :)


I also had the opportunity to photograph this little sweetie (teacher's nephew). I did his photos a few months ago and I was shocked to see how much he had grown. He was so good natured and I think he has a crush on me!!! He smiled at me every time I spoke to him - but...as soon as I got behind the camera to take the photo, he'd stop so I had to trick him by holding the camera and speaking to him at the same time.

I'll try to remember to get permission from the parents of today's crowd so I don't have to keep you in suspense. The problem is.....the kids are all so darned cute I want to show photos of each one so I'll probably stretch it out over a few days or group them somehow. I'll figure it out!


Last night I was watching Entertainment Tonight or one of those hollywood rag shows and Donny Osmond was on talking about his mom (he has a song about her). So I asked Cameron if he would do that for me - love me so much he'd be willing to sing about it - he looked at me and said "Yep mom, I'll do that for you". He's a good kid! Yesterday I attended his Afternoon of Poetry at school and the poems were so, so cute! Here is one Cameron read:

Cameron

Funny, happy, athletic, smart

Son of Jean and Kelly

Lover of dogs, family and games

Who feels loved, excited and funny

Who fears being alone and getting lost

Who would like to see a Red Sox game and Disney

Resident of Kennebunk, Maine

Roy

My eyes well up when I read that - he's so sensitive and sweet. That poem sums him up completely and I think he did a wonderful job. Most of the kids in the class did this style of poem and used similar words but Im proud of the words he chose to describe himself. And one more he wrote:

Happy is yellow

It smells like chips

It looks like flowers

It tastes like sweets

It sounds like getting a goal

Happy feels joyful

I'm outta here now...off to shoot more kiddos!! Tomorrow's blog will probably be later - I've got to leave here really early in the AM to get Cameron to the opening day parade.

Happy Friday!!!!!


~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter