Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A busy day for me.

Im photographing preschoolers today!! Im so excited to meet them, I love, love, love to work with the little kids! They say the funniest things and have the best facial expressions.


My big girl fell asleep yesterday afternoon. She looked so peaceful and beautiful resting her head on her well loved favorite blanket...I snapped one for ya! (gotta love those heart-shaped lips of hers). She's my shoppin' pal, my fashionista and such a great help with her little sister. She tries so hard to please us and is always making me beautiful works of art. Makenna is definately my strongest willed child but in her 5.5 years on this earth, I have finally figured her out and know how to communicate with her effectively. Im really going to miss her company when she goes to school this fall. I know Marleigh will miss her for sure. It will be my first school year having only one child home with me and Im pretty sentimental about it.

Because I was quietly taking photos of sleeping beauty, Ms. Marleigh got a little jealous and asked if I was going to take her photo. Now...do you see why I talk about her so much.....her personality ooozes out in this photo. I am constantly hugging them both like crazy ... my beauties! You know, I am for hire - a day in the life would make a nice coffee table book!


Do you nickname your children? I remember trying to carefully chose my children's names so they wouldn't grow up with people singing things like "Kelly with a belly" (or that dreadful song Woody on Cheers sang about his girlfriend Kelly that just repeated her name over and over) or "Jean, Jean the dancin' machine". BUT......since Branden was little, I have always called him "Boy"....Cameron was Dewey but now occasionally he's "the Dew Man", Makenna is "Kenna girl" and poor Marleigh got a silly name...."Marleigh burgah" (I remember correcting Jean when he started catching on to it....we say it in our Mainer accents....it is not "burger", it is "burgah"). I know you're wondering how she got this name....remember a few months back on the blog, I mentioned how when Jean and I are hugging, she always wants to join us by saying "big hug" with her arms up to us. Well, I would always say...."its time for a Marleigh burger" as we were picking her up. She knows its not her name and when you ask her what mommy calls her, she will tell you with a smile.



The nickname story reminds me of when my brother was little and we would ask him to tell people his name...his reply was "Cody Nelson Come Here". Always makes me laugh because I will never forget his puzzled look wondering why people were laughing at his name. See....I'm giggling again!



I'm off to shoot some kiddos!!



Have yourself a great day!


~kel

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kelly- Your blog makes me smile every day. I wish that I would have done something like that when my kids were small...
Lynne Bridges

Elizabeth said...

makenna surely has some gorgeous lips and marleigh...good lord...when did she grow up??? she looks so big! gorgeous kids kelly!

Sitemeter