Monday, April 28, 2008

Back to school....

I have that song from Grease running through my head this morning....the one when summer is over and they are all going back to school. We had a very low-key week off from school. We didn't even go take in a movie or really get out much. It was kinda nice - the kids got along great and it actually gives me hope for the summer months. They did complain a little about the heat so I'll be sure to be prepared for that with the pool ready. We dont have a nice pool that sits up year round, we bought one of those that rises with the water level. Its perfect for the kids and if we had a pool, where would be put the ice rink?


I had to take another photo of my golf cart yesterday. Jean covered it because of the rain. Its about as camouflage as it's ever gonna get!

I took a few photos of Jean and the kids playing ball in the backyard. Cam is working on stepping into the play when he's batting - he was stepping back away from the ball and missing every time. He's a great thrower and when he's batting at home, he knocks them out like crazy but when on the real field, his luck is not so good and he gets a little frustrated. Note the jammies again - its mid day and he's still in his pj's - that's a great day if you ask me!



Branden didn't know I was taking photos. Caught him dancing in the outfield :) This photo makes me smile.....therefore, to me it is priceless!


Today I may have to leave the house! Yesterday my afternoon appointment cancelled due to the rain and I never even put shoes on! I worked on updating my website so if you get a minute to check it out, you will see some familiar faces there. Its hard to go through all the photos I have taken in the past so I used the ones that are currently on my pc to make it easier. Changing the website is a tedious job because I have to plan to sit at the pc for a long time - leaving in the middle makes it way more frustrating to come back to where I left off. I had Lifetime on to listen to and glance at occasionally.....I love that channel on the weekends!
Well, I gotta go hollar at the kids.....I mean rally the troops for school :) They have forgotten the routine for school mornings and my house feels chaotic. Makenna just came down in a WAY TOO SMALL outfit from last summer and was so mad at me when I said she needed to wear more clothes to school (I supposed I could have been more gentle instead of saying "there is no way you're going out of the house dressed like that"). I was insensitive to her feelings as she was really proud of her outfit and she thought she looked cute. I will apologize for my response to her and see if she wants me to help her find clothes that cover her properly. CALGON........

Happy Monday!!!!!!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter