Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Technical Difficulties.....

I am working from my laptop today because my main pc has issues with connecting to the net. I hate computer problems - Im not savvy enough to figure them out.

Here's a cute face to start with......
My friend brought her in for her two year portraits. She's a living doll...a tiny, petite little thing. When they arrived she had several outfits to choose from. When her mom asked me what to start with, I asked which outfit was most important to her. Im really starting to know what to expect from the different age groups now. At two, the attention span is VERY short and they love the limelight for about 3 minutes, then they are done...completely done. I only got a few photos before she melted down. I think the ones I did get are winners :)


Thank you to everyone who sends me nice notes about my blog....you totally make my day!! Just to know that someone(s) is reading it is a huge inspiration to log on every day. I go through my days watching my children more closely and thinking about the small details of each little thing that happens thinking about what I might use for material on the blog. I have the blog to thank for my decision to get done one of my professions - I was writing the blog and then printing it out at the end of the month and found that looking back thirty days, I had already forgotten a lot of the little things! These are the best days of my life and I want to soak them up! So thank you for reading - without readers, I dont know if I'd be as diligent about writing and paying attention to the little details in every day. Even Jean will say, "that's something for the blog".


Last night Branden's class had their spring concert. He plays the saxophone. We left the rest of the family home and I just took Bran alone. I got some photos of him but they are so horrible....his music stand hid him from me. This one photo I did get of him that I could see his face, he looks mad. He's still such a cutie Im putting up. He looks so mature and a lot like Jean to me. I got to see the girl he thinks is kinda special :) Im so lucky he talks to me about that kind of stuff and isn't shy or uncomfortable...fingers crossed it stays that way. On the way home, that song Brad Paisley sings, If I could write a letter to me, came on the radio and Bran was asking me to explain pieces of it to him (specifically, he wanted to know what "I know at 17, its hard to think past Friday night" meant). I took the opporunity to tell him why Jean and I talk about how important it is to do well in school, dont smoke/drink, etc. because most parents try hard to spare their kids the mistakes we made. I told him that he needed to make his own mistakes too but there are some things he will just have to trust us about. I really hope to educate my kids about living life more than anything else. Sometimes I can get myself depressed thinking about the negative "what ifs" and I already know Cameron thinks obsessively about death so I have to really show a good example and explain things carefully so they can learn from my lessons. Im not a wise woman, I just paid attention when I was really struggling.

Today is a half day of school so I have a million things to get done this morning before the house is full again. The neighborhood boys migrate to my home on half days and vacations so I like to be prepared for that invasion.

Thanks for reading!!! Have a great day!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter