Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My family makes me smile.

Yesterday we had a parent teacher conference for Cameron. We got there a bit before it was scheduled and had all four kids with us. We only did this because Cameron was going to be the one directing our conference. I knew Makenna and Branden could wait outside because Makenna will attend school there in the fall and Branden could give her a mini tour and Marleigh could come into the room with us (asked the teacher before we went). So, as P/T conferences go, the one before us ran late. For me, it was quite comical to watch the kids - for some reason, they were just so busy. It was 5:00 and the witching hour when the kids are all a little rambunctious, hungry and having that last flare of energy before the bedtime routine. When Jean comes home my thinking and frame of mind shift into "I'm not alone anymore" and the duties can officially be shared now. I sat in the hallway in one of the two chairs she had set out for waiting parents.....and watched. I listened to Jean trying to whisper to the kids: "Makenna-stop dancing, Marleigh sit down, Boys-c'mon, you know better than that, Makenna-be quiet, Marleigh-no running, Cameron-are you ready to go in when she comes out? Branden-just sit still and be a good example." This went on for 15 minutes - I giggle inside because its my life and as annoying as it gets repeating ourselves, its comical and typical of a family this size.


Cam did really well with his presentation - he used his speaking voice and was so cute when we all got into our assigned positions. He sat down, opened his folder and read from his partially prepared speech: "First of all, I'd like to welcome you and I hope.......um.......well....um.....Welcome!" (so, so cute!) Marleigh was a total distraction for us adults, Cam just plugged along like she wasnt even there. At one point, she cozied up to me, licked her pointer finger and rubbed next to my mouth whispering to me "You got a little chocolate". It was so funny! The teacher saw it and got a giggle too. (I hadn't even had chocolate).


Today I have to cook pasta for 40 people! My contribution to a spaghetti dinner for Cameron's class. They have a trucker who is a penpal to the class and today he is visiting to show the kids the inside of his fancy truck. (I hear it has a TV and small refrigerator - imagine the excitement). Originally, I signed up for paper plates, napkins and some bread but the teacher asked me to trade with her because there's no way she has time to cook the pasta. We cannot use the school facilities so we have to bring everything in prepared - should be interesting! If anyone's done this before and wants to send me some tips - I'd like that!

As I type this, Makenna is chanting "I tied my shoes, I tied my shoes"....I spent some time yesterday showing her how to loop, swoop and pull. She's thrilled she did it all by herself today :) My job as mom gets a gold star for today....she can successfully go on to kindergarten now!


I leave you with some more photos from my shoot on Sunday. I just got them all edited last night and wanted to share these square crops.
Do you love the big feet -(his feet are really not big, its just how I positioned my camera) My thermometer hit 60 yesterday! YEE HA!!

Happy Hump Day!!!!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter