Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My baby.....

I'm gonna talk about my babe today. She makes me smile. She does the funniest things right now and I just wish I could keep her this age forever. I dug up a few older photos of her where she's showing me her belly button. The first one was edited when I took the photo and the second was only edited quickly this morning to a chocolate look. I dont have the same program anymore so I couldnt make them look the same. I like the old look of the first one and though not a technically correct photo.....I love it. I'd like to think I will always remember how cute she was when she was looking for her belly button and how neat she sounded when said belly button...pronoucing the L's and T's so clearly.

The other day she was being pesty. It was one of those days where very time I sat down, she needed something else. A drink, a snack, help getting something or help after using the potty...something. At one point, she came to me whispering and asking for a drink....I jokingly said "I think you're being a pest to me today" and her reply "But mumma, I quiet"....gosh she made me laugh.

She goes to the potty by herself now and just calls for me when she's done (remember those days?) So when I appear in the doorway to help her out.....never fails.....she says "there you are!" I'm telling you....funny!!! Im anxious for this summer when we will see our friends at camp regularly and they will get a good dose of Marleigh and her funny ways. I just want to share her with the world.

Today she woke up last - (6:15 is sleeping in around here!) She came right to me sitting here at the pc....she wraps her little arms around me and says good morning. I hold onto her and hug her for a minute and then put her down....she skips straight to the kitchen and asks for a "waffle too" because Makenna was having one. She wakes up so happy! She's pretty head strong when she wants something and really has no concept of "wait just a second" but that aside, she makes me smile. She was our surprise. We found out Christmas morning we were expecting her and although all I could think was I was too old and four sounded like a lot of kids, I was thrilled beyond words! Its probably a good thing Jean is fixed, I'd have more just so I don't have to go through this mourning period of not having a baby around anymore. Im thankful though that her personality makes her my most cuddly kid.....well, next to Cameron who is always hugging me! When I pick Marleigh up, she melts right into me and that's such a good feeling. When I sit to watch TV, she always wants to me in my lap (or Jeans) and she just makes herself cozy.

Well, Im off make my dinner reservations at Disney :) My friend Heidi has been kind enough to give me some great tips. I always feel like I'm imposing on her but she assures me she LOVES to talk about Disney and that makes me feel better.

I hope you have a great day and get some cuddle time with your "baby" no matter who that might be or what their age is! If you do - take a photo too....its nice to have memories that last forever.


Jamie V....thanks for that tip on having my blog printed - CAN YOU IMAGINE an entire year's worth of my blogs in a book? I love that idea - it will be the size of an encylopedia but I think the kids would enjoy it - if not, maybe their kids (oh, they better have kids!!)

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter