Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Scratched my cornea :(

UPDATE: I called my eye doctor and he wasn't in so they scheduled me with his associate...who happens to be one of my clients from a beach shoot last summer. I was so happy they could fit me in. He made me feel like a woman and told me he's seen people come in on stretchers with injuries to their eyes like I have. He said moms are tough.....I really needed Jean to hear that but he's at work so I'll be sure to mention it later! Anyway, doc put a contact lense over my eye to promote healing and protect the scratches from my eyelid rubbing on them (he said I had more than just one scratch). I leave the lense on for 24 hours then back to him to remove it tomorrow. The ER had given me antibiotic ointment but he replaced it with drops that are SO much better! Im comfortable now - working almost to full capacity, just a little discomfort and occasional tears.


I continue my quest to take at least one photograph a day and this morning was no exception. While waiting for the bus to come, I saw the boys out playing frisbee - they looked peaceful and the sun rays were coming through the trees (you know I love the sun rays, especially on my front lawn). I shot these few photos with my camera set to auto because I couldnt see well enough to get them techincally right on manual settings. Its a good memory for me.
Makenna chose to have her breakfast outside this morning while watching the boys play. Dont you love these stripped tights? She likes a little bif of funk in her style and Im okay with that. She chooses her own clothing and I only make her change when its really inappropriate or off the wall.

Just wanted to update on my eye and give some photos to look at today!

I was working in the yard yesterday, turned to check on Marleigh and caught a tree branch in my right eye. Dealt with the pain of it for four hours and then couldn't take it anymore. My awesome sister-in-law didn't hesitate a second when I called her and came to sit with the kids for us (they were in bed). Thanks Tina!!!

Today I have goopy antibiotics in that eye and my left eye gets so tired doing all the work itself. I just feel like laying down. They dilated the eye to help relax the muscles and ease the pain but its still so uncomfortable. I feel the scratch - the doc said its a big one and is probably gonna hurt through the healing process! Great, something to look forward to! I didnt ask how long I'd be a cyclops, this dilation only lasts 24 hours. I hated getting that done - it stung so much like tons of needles being poked in my eye.

So, forgive me today - no photos - Im going to return to the couch and hope the girls will take care of me. If they just dont make too many terrible messes, that will be enough TLC for this mom.

Happy Hump Day!
~kel

1 comment:

Jamie VanBeekum said...

Oh, Kelly! I hope you are feeling better soon! Take it easy, girl.

Sitemeter