Friday, April 18, 2008

Photo-A-Day project

Im trying to keep up with taking a photo every day. I carried my older camera with me yesterday and I regret that I was rushing so much because I saw LOTS of things I would like to have stopped for and today I really wish I had. I was on busy roads so it was really hard to find the right places to stop, which discouraged me. I still did get a few photos in though. I took this one of Marleigh waiting in the window for the bus to come pick up the boys. She stands on the window sill with me and the sun was really strong but I still got a few I liked.
Yesterday was Meemie day and I was on my way to pick the girls up. When I saw this, it made me think summer instantly so I stopped to capture it for you all to see :)
Today I will be at home all day - the kids have already started their April vacation and I have extra boys here. I don't mind at all - Bran and Cam pick pretty good friends and I can manage them just fine. I am also meeting with my friend Heather this morning who wants me to be her wedding photographer in June!! Im definately up for the challenge but its a lot of pressure - or as Joanne says "like flying without a net" because I wont get a reshoot. Heather keeps telling me she has total confidence and wants my style....so sweet, how can I not do it!

This morning my heart is a little heavy. My Cameron took it out and jumped all over it at bedtime last night and Im still recovering. Being a mom is sooooo hard sometimes. He's usually the gentle, kind hearted boy that I don't have to worry about and last night Branden had a friend spend the night. The three of them wanted to sleep on the floor in their bedroom. I told the older boys they could do that but Cam needed to sleep in his bed (bottom bunk, right next to them) as he had already bumped his head and was crying over that. He protested and continued to back talk to me. I asked Jean to come into the room and help me get them settled. Cameron continued to tell us we were mean and "always made him...." and he "never gets to".....and then he started with "no, Im not going to sleep in my bed...you can't make me..." and I felt my blood starting to boil. We had a guest there and he was watching my gentle giant melt down and become someone that I didn't even recognize at that point.

What did I do? I removed Cameron from the room, turned down the lights in my kitchen and made him kneel in a corner for 15 minutes in quiet silence so that he could think about how disrespectful his actions were. He was told that this time alone would be silent and if he talked, I would start the timer over. He just cried.....and so did I. When his time was done, we talked about his age difference from the other boys and the mean things he said to Jean and I. I told him that today he would write me a paper about how he thought that made everyone around him feel when he lost his temper. It broke my heart to listen to those things he was saying to us.
As soon as this post is updated, I am going to take on that battle with him. :(

This weekend I have my Mother's Day Special!!!!! Im excited to see everyone coming in and I cannot wait to share my style with them!!
One last thing before I go.....one of my oldest friends, whom I share many GREAT memories with had a birthday on Wednesday and I forgot to send out a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish for her!! I'd like to say: Tam, thanks for the great memories, a friendship that has never gone out of style and for all those times you washed my car.....out of the kindness of your heart!!!! :) I love you girl - hope your day was FABULOUS!!!!
Have a great Friday!!!!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter