Monday, April 28, 2008

Dinner here is like a 3-ring circus!

We just finished dinner and I wanted to blog about the silliness in my house before I forget the funniest details. It amazes me how an accidental passing of gas can set children off into laughing fits that make the process of finishing dinner nearly impossible. Once the kids (and Jean) recovered from that, my battle with Marleigh to finish her dinner in order to have dessert began. When I noticed she was not eating her lasagna (which she typically gobbles down), I started with my "if you dont eat your dinner, you wont get ice cream" threat. I will never do that again - the focus went directly to the ice cream and dinner was pretty much done for her. I told her she was not getting ice cream and she continued her protest. During the protest, I was watching Jean serve it up to the rest of the kids....as he gave Cameron his, he noticed something on the table in front of Cameron - thinking the ice cream had dripped, he proceeded to swipe it with his finger and then went to lick his finger. It wasn't ice cream, it was salad dressing...and the look on his face was priceless! You've done it before....eaten something that was completely NOT what you were expecting! Oh my gosh, my laughing fit started and I could not stop. All the time I was laughing and thinking that will teach him...the seagull...I secretly named him that because I can count on him to eat all the leftovers! I was losing my breath and the kids were laughing so hard at me laughing so hard it was hysterical! When I finally calmed down (it took Jean putting the video camera on me to help me gain my composure)....I had to tell the kids what I was laughing at - to this point, they had no idea!


Then I noticed her....to my left.....was Marleigh....indulging herself on my helping of ice cream!!! I told her she was eating mine...she passed me her plate of cold lasagna and told me I could have it! So generous! She ate that ice cream so fast it was funny to watch. Then, as we were all starting to enjoy our dessert (Jean got me more)....from the left again...here comes her spoon....helping herself to mine and everyone elses!! I'm telling you, she's crazy for ice cream and that was her mission. Her face was one of determination - she deserved that ice cream and nobody was stopping her. Again....the kids were laughing! It was a funny, memorable evening and that's why I had to document it here.


Im sure I've mentioned how blogging has been so awesome for me. I use it like a journal/scrapbook and print it off at the end of the month. I have talked with a few friends who have started blogging too and I hope they enjoy its benefits as much as I do. So...I direct my blog to the readers but all the time I selfishly do it for myself and my children.


It's morning now. I didn't sleep well. I saw every single hour of last night and had a dream I was nearly struck by lightening and that woke me up in a snap. That is the second night of sleeping poorly like that. I don't like it and too many more sleepless/restless nights and I'm gonna be junk. I dont know why I struggled. I usually never have trouble sleeping.


I had to dig up this pic to show what we will be doing this weekend...if it doesnt rain.
The temps will be chilly but we will bring our sleeping bags out around the fire. Jean lives for these nights - and its great to see him relax too. I'll have to post photos from the camp this summer....hopefully I can catch some funny stuff to share here!

Im off to get some things done.

Have a great day!

~kel~

1 comment:

Jamie VanBeekum said...

Kelly, I don't know if you'very heard about this or not, but you can print your blog in a book at blurb.com. I posted it on Restuvus, but don't know if you saw it or not. I'm going to be printing my blog probably once a year there. You can choose to put your photos in, edit layouts and stuff really quick and easy, all you have to do is download their software. P.S. Keep writing! I love it!

Sitemeter